Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Where to Move to Tampa Area

13»

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 12,646 AG
    Looks like a good location from google maps.   I'm sure you can get into all kinds of fish around there. 
    You don't need fun to have alcohol
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,817 AG
    Nice.  Found a house yet?
    Yes, we close July 12th.  We are on the west side near the Manatee river and Terra Ceia Bay.

Captain Todd Approves

Looks like a good location from google maps.   I'm sure you can get into all kinds of fish around there. 
    Definitely a lot of salty areas, but I'm gonna miss my ponds.  It's going to be nice not driving and hour to fish salt.

Captain Todd Approves

• humblerhumbler TampaPosts: 130 Deckhand
    You'll forget about the ponds when you start figuring out the inshore/offshore game you choose. I don't know that area but I would guess that there are also some freshwater ponds around.
    mplspug said:
    Definitely a lot of salty areas, but I'm gonna miss my ponds.  It's going to be nice not driving and hour to fish salt.
    tell me about it.   an hour.... I wish!  I'm 92 miles from my house to the ramp I launch out of in St Pete.   94 from cockroach Bay if I want to go from there.   It's exhausting both ways.   But we'll see what the future holds.   Wife misses daughter.   Daughter living in south FL starting a new career and prob getting married.....Wife wants to move to South FL.... we'll probably end up moving to south FL.   
    My problem is opposite yours. I still love bass fishing as much as saltwater but living in Tampa it is a chore to get to the good central FL lakes w/o killing a whole day when I am 30 minutes or less from all kinds of salt water fishing.

But we'll see what the future holds.   Wife misses daughter.   Daughter living in south FL starting a new career and prob getting married.....Wife wants to move to South FL.... we'll probably end up moving to south FL.   
    I understand the wife/daughter thing but I lived in South Florida - Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, for a lot of years. Great close in off shore fishing and freshwater to the west in the glades and Okeechobee BUT that is it for me. I would never go back there.
    humbler said:

But we'll see what the future holds.   Wife misses daughter.   Daughter living in south FL starting a new career and prob getting married.....Wife wants to move to South FL.... we'll probably end up moving to south FL.   
    I understand the wife/daughter thing but I lived in South Florida - Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, for a lot of years. Great close in off shore fishing and freshwater to the west in the glades and Okeechobee BUT that is it for me. I would never go back there.
    I grew up in Boca and believe me I had no intentions of going back.   But if that's what she wants, dad's getting a 24-26' CC with twins so he's got somethin to do on the weekends. 
    How far south @Soda Popinski?

There are 2 ponds not surrounded by house within a couple blocks.  Whether they hold fish or not is another story.  And one is not mowed around  the edges, but the other looks fishy.

It's nice to have a pond close when you feel like fishing, but don't want to drive.

Captain Todd Approves

• CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    mplspug said:
    tell me about it.   an hour.... I wish!  I'm 92 miles from my house to the ramp I launch out of in St Pete.   94 from cockroach Bay if I want to go from there.   It's exhausting both ways.   But we'll see what the future holds.   Wife misses daughter.   Daughter living in south FL starting a new career and prob getting married.....Wife wants to move to South FL.... we'll probably end up moving to south FL.   
    Goodluck with that shithole.
    well she lives in Boca right now going to FAU but her job may be in Ft Lauderdale full time, i have no intentions of going that far, i was thinking Riviera Beach, close but still 45 min away.  Plus it's close to a good inlet.   I was never a fan of going out of Boca inlet.  
  • chasinfinschasinfins Posts: 139 Deckhand
    This is a great thread. I currently live here inmiami but me and the wife cant take it anymore looking to move up to st pete and surrounding areas. Hope to cast a line with yall soon. Thanks for all advice postes
    follow me on instagram @woodzandwater
    Cyclist said:
    mplspug said:
    Seriously.  I'm not super looking forward to it but it will be nice to be closer to a boat ramp than I am.  
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Cyclist said:
    mplspug said:
    Seriously.  I'm not super looking forward to it but it will be nice to be closer to a boat ramp than I am.  
    Boca Grande or Boca Raton. Go with Boca Grande!
    Boca Raton.   But I'm thinking Loxahatchee.   1+acre lots, just outside the madness. 
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    Plenty of ponds all around the bay area with giant bass  (hint: don't overlook anything, they're right in your backyard).

Agreed, S florida sucks.  Not in my worse nightmare would I consider moving there.  But please stay there or feel free to move there, over tampa, which is pretty much the same.  Please disregard anything I said previously about St Pete.  I was wrong.  It is ghetto.  You won't catch any fish here either. :D
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.