Cedar Key red snapper

We fished 6/11 and 6/12, limiting on both days.  The snapper were hungry in 70 ft over natural bottom.  Here's picture of Tuesdays catch. The largest fish was just shy of 23 inches.

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,404 Moderator
    Solid trips. Yeah they are not too scarce. Just can't believe that a small take has been doable for a long time with no adverse effect if they had only let us. Oh well , may as well enjoy while we can !
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,501 Admiral
    I need a bigger boat. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,825 Captain
    Yes, it's nice being able to see red!! Nice catch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,407 Officer
    That is a beautiful picture. No gags?
  • m9000m9000 Posts: 1,985 Captain
    We caught a couple of short grouper at the same spot we caught the red snapper when we were fishing baits near the bottom, but we switched to keeping the bait in the top half of the water column because that's where the bigger snapper were hanging out.
  • TCow86TCow86 Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    Nice catch!
  • sandy1147sandy1147 Posts: 146 Deckhand
    Sigh!!! Maybe soon we'll get our 3 days of Atlantic Red Snapper. I may have to come over to the Gulf and get in on the action!. Nice haul!
  • EarthmoverEarthmover Posts: 255 Deckhand
    Nice mess of fish
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,524 Captain
    Looking good....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • PicmanPicman Posts: 82 Greenhorn
    Great job!
  • pnj2108pnj2108 Posts: 72 Greenhorn
    sandy1147 said:
    Sigh!!! Maybe soon we'll get our 3 days of Atlantic Red Snapper. I may have to come over to the Gulf and get in on the action!. Nice haul!
    they have agreed to open the season as of a few days ago just no dates yet :/
  • Rick1-2Rick1-2 HorseshoePosts: 868 Officer
    nice catch 
  • EarthmoverEarthmover Posts: 255 Deckhand
    Nice work.   Looks like the weather is going to be bad for the rest of snapper season.