Kings close to beach

2»

Replies

• Cast_N_BlastCast_N_Blast JaxPosts: 1,255 Officer
    jackjax said:
    Snatch-Um said:
    ...  You may need to slow your boat down if it idles fast with a bucket and rope off the back cleat(unless you have digital controls and you can do it there). ...

-T
    Does anyone uses their trolling motor to slow troll for kingfish?
    absolutely 
  • Snatch-UmSnatch-Um Posts: 1,331 Officer
    Yes you can..depending on the features it has, it could be very beneficial!  Heading hold feature is almost like having an autopilot.....
  • SlobCobSlobCob Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    jackjax said:
    Snatch-Um said:
    ...  You may need to slow your boat down if it idles fast with a bucket and rope off the back cleat(unless you have digital controls and you can do it there). ...

-T
    Does anyone uses their trolling motor to slow troll for kingfish?
    Yes. It’s worked well for me.  Caught my biggest king on the beach using my trolling motor.  He was 40+...no scale and I didn’t want to keep him   .   Otherwise I have to troll 2  buckets to keep my speed down.  
  • SlobCobSlobCob Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Has anyone caught a king on the beach this summer yet?

i saw one Facebook report but I was hoping for a lil more confirmation.  
  • FishermanAJFishermanAJ Posts: 312 Deckhand
    they are here... Ive had a few on the beach already. Theres been multiple fish over 30 caught
    Knot Dirty Detailing: Cars, Boats & RV's!
    Mention your a forum member and receive 10% off!
    Email for free estimates!
    [email protected]
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,404 Admiral
    Buckets work good......but.....a couple of SEA ANCHORS are much better, and they are dual purpose....like in case you really need a sea anchor off the bow.

The beauty of pulling sea anchors is if you get that bite, you can just reach down and grab the trip line on the sea anchor ( tied off the back end of it ) and just lift it up dumping all the water at once, and then it drapes right over your gunnel....like a wet towel.  This way you are not kicking buckets out of your way while chasing a fish around the boat.

Tie them off so they drag right along side your boat....not behind it. !! Lead line tied to a front cleat, and trip line tied to a back cleat.....and make sure you use two...or you'll turn circles all day.

Trust me...I have used both on other boats....and the sea anchors are the way to go.
  • Sea-SquatchSea-Squatch Posts: 1,626 Captain
    All you want at Nassau Bottom this morning. It's not beach fishing, but it's pretty darn close.