Bimini Trip report!!

StayinLazyStayinLazy Posts: 383 Deckhand
edited June 13 in Tropics #1
Well, after much planning and the help from several people, the wife, myself and some friends made our first trip over to Bimini from Ft Lauderdale.  Great weather for the crossings and while over there.  Lots of first and memories that will last a lifetime.  The only thing I wish we did different was more time there.  3 days wasn't enough.  We took our time getting over there on Thursday 6/7 leaving Ft Lauderdale at 715.  Took a nice easy ride, stopping periodically to regroup and check on everybody.  11 people and 3 boats for our group as well as Todd and crew crossing over with us.  Arrived in Bimini around 10 and began the checkin process.  Not a horrible experience at all.  Straight to customs, then immigration and done all within about 30-40 minutes.  Other folks with our party were still checking in, so we left and motored over to seacrest and was greeted by Michael.  He was beyond helpful and as kind as could be.  He got us in our slip and let us check in early.  Helped the other two boats with us unload stuff and grabbed a bite to eat across the street at Capt Bobs.  A little slow but well worth the wait!!  It's probably 1245 by now so we all set out and headed for the sapona.  Arrived to find plenty of people, so we threw anchor and snorkeled around for a bit.  This entire trip was just an overload of beautiful waters and sights to see.  So much to take in.  After we finished there, we headed for turtle rocks to do some snorkeling.  Ended the day there and made our way back to seacrest.  

Day two started out with some trolling.  All three boats hit the troll and all came back with different stories to tell.  We came back with a handful of Mahis, Boat two came back with a white marlin hook up and boated then released and boat three boated and released two blue marlin.  Half of the crew went back out for some night fishing and blistered the triggers.  The rest of us hung out on the beach and watched the sun set then made our way to Ediths and had some lobster and cheese pizza on Bimini bread.  Ediths is a must from here on out.  

Day three everybody went back on the troll and the wife and I headed south to Honeymoon Harbor to check out the stingrays.  Hung out up there for a while then headed north to do some fishing.  Got in that sweet spot about 50ft and started after the triggers.  Found a decent spot in about 80 feet so we set anchor and started the chumline for some tails.  No tails came to visit but the triggers were still hungry.  Fished til about 6 then made our way back in for some more beach time for our last night.  Woke up Sunday morning and had a nice SE wind which made for a smooth quick ride home.

I know there is a ton I'm forgetting but thats the short of it.

Tight lines and Thank you again to all for the help and advice.              Matt

Replies

• StayinLazyStayinLazy Posts: 383 Deckhand
    edited June 13 #2
    I hate trying to upload pictures
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,401 Officer
    Great report and pics.
  • Frosty1Frosty1 Posts: 110 Deckhand

Looks like a perfect trip.

Heading over next week

Thanks for the report

• probate-rprobate-r Posts: 260 Deckhand
    Great post Matt.  Glad you guys had a blast!
    Intrepid 370 - "My Favorite"
    Frosty1 said:

Looks like a perfect trip.

Heading over next week

Thanks for the report

It was an excellent trip!!  We will surely be doing it again as soon as possibleprobate-r said:
    Great post Matt.  Glad you guys had a blast!
    Shawn I can't begin to thank you enough for making this trip what it was.  Y'all have fun in Lucaya

Great report and pics.
    Thank you.  Still got Bimini on my mind
  • privateer19privateer19 Posts: 354 Deckhand
    Nice report. Looks like a great trip, congrats.
  • sandy1147sandy1147 Posts: 146 Deckhand
    Nice work, looks like y'all had a great time!
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,719 Captain
    That's the way to do it!!

How'd you enjoy staying at Sea Crest?