Shad Fishing In the St. Johns Near the Econ: Report and Video

Last week I made a trip to the Econ river area for some shad fishing on Wednesday and Thursday. The first wave of shad are definitely in and providing lots of action. Saw lots of people catching shad and had good luck myself. Pan fish and Hybrids are also biting. The only downside is that there are a lot of people out there chasing the fish. On Thursday I had over 20 boats and kayaks within 200 yards of me.

Here is a link to the video I made of the trip:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=suCALvmiRdE

Replies

• Fly SlingerFly Slinger Atlanta Posts: 2 Greenhorn

Thanks for the wonderful video! I watched several and they are all very informative and well done.. And no goofy laughing every time you catch a fish. I used to live in in NSB and Lake Mary. I wish I had just these little pointers on Shad, they would have really shortened the learning curve. Again, thank you!

• VikingViking Posts: 100 Greenhorn

@Fly Slinger said:
    Thanks for the wonderful video! I watched several and they are all very informative and well done.. And no goofy laughing every time you catch a fish. I used to live in in NSB and Lake Mary. I wish I had just these little pointers on Shad, they would have really shortened the learning curve. Again, thank you!

Thank you for the kind words it means a lot!

• SeaSpySeaSpy Posts: 382 Deckhand

Agree

Classy report.

Thx

Ron Alford Expert Investigations & Surveillance
    www.seaspy.theplan.com
  • Old SkoolOld Skool Posts: 102 Deckhand

Very well done. Informative and made with the viewer in mind. Edits that don't run on way too long and voiceover (dare I say scripted) with music actually mixed in the background

• fishhutfishhut Satellite BeachPosts: 13 Greenhorn
    do you eat these? not a freshwater guy, no clue
  • RockslamRockslam Posts: 72 Greenhorn
    fishhut said:
    do you eat these? not a freshwater guy, no clue
    You can eat the roe from them. Never tried it, supposed to be delicious.
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,443 Admiral
    Redneck caviar!  I imagine you could smoke them, but there are too many small bones to eat them cooked....I think.  

Captain Todd Approves