Beach fishing for Snook

got1ongot1on Posts: 57 Greenhorn
I will be walking the beach tomorrow and looking for Snook. I live in Broward and usually fish the Dania Beach area but was thinking about driving up to Juno Beach. Has anyone fished either location recently? Thanks! 

Replies

• andrewthe1andrewthe1 Posts: 606 Officer
    curious as well, heard it is on fire up north of there so should be good in both, let us know!
    we need more internet money
  • theUtheU The Orlando SewerPosts: 34 Greenhorn
    Do not try the Martin County beaches they are dumping the Orlando Sewer again and the water is black and nasty along the surf. I would try Walton Rocks Beach to the North lots of structures just depends how far the nasty water has spread. Avoid any days with a South wind!
  • saltybluegrasssaltybluegrass Posts: 53 Greenhorn
    i fished the rocks monday and tuesday- patches of seaweed made some casts a nightmare. Tarpon busting in the second trough. saw snook in first trough. Hooked a monster tarpon on white bucktail but lost him. snook are spawning now so i’m not sure when they will be back on the bite. ocean was flat today south south east wind 10 mph
  • Kill_It_N_Grill_ItKill_It_N_Grill_It fort lauderdalePosts: 43 Greenhorn
    agree white and red bucktails have been working in dania along the surf
  • DaniaBeachDaniaBeach Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    dont know about the beach but the snook fishing at juno pier has been pretty good and at dania pier its even better right now. friend of mine caught around a 60-70lb tarpon at dania about a week ago.