Who was the mobile mechanic you guys recommended?

Last time out on OC we lost all hydraulic steering and had to add fluid twice. Rather than haul her home and have my guy look at it, I figured I'd ask about the mobile mechanic some of you have used. Can't recall the name and didn't remember to ask until this morning. I need to get her fixed before we're back down in a couple weeks.

Any help guys and gals?

Thanks,
Brad
Proverbs 13:3

Replies

• BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,373 Admiral
    Brett 850-566-7863
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • TheGentlemanTheGentleman Posts: 228 Officer
    I dabble in the art of marine mechanics and have transportation. I guess that would make me a --- mobile mechanic.C:
    Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.
    Theodore Roosevelt

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CynicalCynical Posts: 271 Deckhand
    Last time out on OC we lost all hydraulic steering and had to add fluid twice. Rather than haul her home and have my guy look at it, I figured I'd ask about the mobile mechanic some of you have used. Can't recall the name and didn't remember to ask until this morning. I need to get her fixed before we're back down in a couple weeks.

Any help guys and gals?

Thanks,
    Brad

Brad,

Chris Sapp put me on to a guy via Joel Singletary at Seatow. I don't have his number with me, but my girlfriend's father used him at Alligator Point and was very happy. He's not always easy to please, so I interpret his satisfaction with the work and price to be a ringing endorsement. Call sea tow in panacea and ask him who it was (he works on their boats too).
  • ke4yydke4yyd Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    Lee's Mobile Marine Service, PO Box 164, Carrabelle, FL 32322, 597-8257

Lee Jones has been good with my problems.
  • ThunderboltThunderbolt Stone MountainPosts: 1 Greenhorn
    I used Lee"s mobile marine when my 2 cycle 225 yamaha bit the dust. He sent me to Mike's marine in Panacea for a new motor and he installed the new motor and did excellent work. He now has a permanent location at the corner of Timber Island Rd and U S 98 in Carrabelle, Fl. ( I was 20 miles offshore whe the motor died. If you are so inclined you can remove the steering pump and the ram and send it to Boat Steering Rebuilders and they will completely rebuild both and send it back to you. here is the link

http://www.boatsteer.com/
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 1,501 Moderator
    Uuumm…...
    "That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,672 Captain
    There's a blast from the past for sure.
    Proverbs 13:3
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 2,973 Captain
    😱 internet goblins!
    God, save the South!
  • seabiscuitseabiscuit Posts: 1,007 Officer
    I used Lee"s mobile marine when my 2 cycle 225 yamaha bit the dust. He sent me to Mike's marine in Panacea for a new motor and he installed the new motor and did excellent work. He now has a permanent location at the corner of Timber Island Rd and U S 98 in Carrabelle, Fl. ( I was 20 miles offshore whe the motor died. If you are so inclined you can remove the steering pump and the ram and send it to Boat Steering Rebuilders and they will completely rebuild both and send it back to you. here is the link

http://www.boatsteer.com/

Did you Seatown in from 20 miles?  Dang, that is brutal.