Skinny Flounder

23 May 2018...Wabasso/Grand Harbor...Redemption on the Strike Zone tournament, won the boat in the drawing.  Last trip before starting the CCA Star Tournament, still a little bummed that they dropped Sheepshead.  Water conditions are where I like , dirty.  Seeing Gator Trout, Snook and Tarpon on the back area Sand bars, no players, try to leave the Trout alone.  Quick hit on Pine Island in the AM and long run in the PM looking for Reds, nothing but Snapper.  Hobart, blew out something big, otherwise nothing.  Hole In The Wall, nothing.  Spoil islands, short Trout, 1 slot.  Working the Rapala Rip Stop, Trout and Ladies like it, picked up a small Blue on it.   Grand Harbor, not much, short Snook, Sharks cruising.  Vero, Tarpon rolling, small ones not playing.  Special rig on the 4# rod, hooked into one in the 4 foot range, run, jump and gone, fun.  Sheepshead a little shy today, did not work them hard.  Oyster Cut, looking for Reds, short Snook and Snapper.  Caught an 18 inch Flounder on the Baby Vudu Shrimp, anorexic, just over 2 pounds.  On to bigger and better things, try for the FWC Inshore Grand Slam, need a Red.  Johns Island Bridge school of 18 inch Snook playing, dropped a mid slot Trout at the boat.  Forever on the Mangroves searching for Reds, not happening today.  All players released for future encounters.  Total focus for next 3 months on a slot Trout, Tarpon, Snook, Red and legal fish on fly.  

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,709 AG
    Nice work John... 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • FlecFlec Posts: 463 Deckhand
    Wow a new boat! What kind? I was out Wed as well.  I launched same time as you.Saw you a couple times during the morning. I ended with a few snook,trout,ladies,mangroves, and 1 red. My luck was not so good though as I somehow lost my cell phone at the ramp somewhere in case you hear of anyone finding one.
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,349 Captain
    Good dill
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • wingbreakerwingbreaker Posts: 150 Deckhand
    nice mixed bag