PC 2/24

First off, gotta say I went out two previous times in the last 30 days and my luck catching some of this mahi run has been slim.
Today, we went out and had a tough time trolling, to say the least. We started trolling due east in about 170 ft depth after a few encouraging signs of fishyness. Made it to 220 ft where a disorganized weedline seemed to hold good numbers of baitfish. A lot of clearing lines. Saw one small  mahi pop out of the water and several sailfish breaking the surface. Not one knockdown all day. Decided to bottom fish around 27 fathoms. A few sharks. About to head in and saw a log teeming with life. Luckily found several descent mahi. Didn’t have much cut or live bait so only picked off a few. Left a dozen or so for the next boat.
Other than the random log, it was a very slow day but it was beautiful out and happy to get out. 

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,714 AG
    Nice! .... Plenty of dinners with those. 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • C TigerC Tiger Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    We were out yesterday as well.  Beautiful day.  Lots of scattered weed in 200-275 but did manage to pick up several decent mahi, a few amberjack, and of course a few endangered red snapper.  Started out due east of the port and finished on Pelican Flats.  Overall a great day.  Glad to get out between all these storms!  Good job finding the log, and being able to salvage the day!  The fish are out there if we can get to them.  
  • LivinTheDreamPCLivinTheDreamPC Posts: 215 Deckhand
    nice work.  hung in there.  clearing lines all day (hate that).  found your groceries at the end of the day!!!   that is a successful day.  good job.
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,349 Captain
    Good dill, nice phins
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • wingbreakerwingbreaker Posts: 150 Deckhand
    Nice job