Home General Freshwater Fishing

cool or cold water baits

johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,419 Admiral
What do you keep throwing as we move through these cooler months ? I have been doing pretty good with plastic jerk baits rigged on a weighted hook.

Replies

• ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,668 Captain
    worms and flukes
  • DogmanDogman Posts: 450 Deckhand
    Long dark colored plastics Texas rigged with a 1/8-1/4oz bullet sinker. Work it slow on the edges of grasses and weed beds.
    2013 Native Watercraft Slayer 14.5 (Sand) - His
    2010 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100 (Mango) - Hers
  • seachasseachas Posts: 66 Deckhand
    a zoom trickworm, junebug or redbug flippin' isolated grass patches and moving water ,, you'll never need anything else summer or winter
  • SnookmeisterSnookmeister Posts: 1,035 Officer
    SHINERS YOU BAITER HATER!:Bike HAHAHA J/K . But seriously, you will do work when it gets cold. I have always liked the classic purple worm in the winter. Those Yamamoto ones that are like a Senko but have a curvy little tail in the dark blue with a 1/16 or 1/8oz nose weighted worm hook have been big cold producers for me. Maybe I am just old fashioned. I just cast to the likely spot and barely even move it.
    Catch 'em and Release 'em!
    http://tampaurbanangler.blogspot.com/
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,419 Admiral
    SHINERS YOU BAITER HATER!:Bike HAHAHA J/K . But seriously, you will do work when it gets cold. I have always liked the classic purple worm in the winter. Those Yamamoto ones that are like a Senko but have a curvy little tail in the dark blue with a 1/16 or 1/8oz nose weighted worm hook have been big cold producers for me. Maybe I am just old fashioned. I just cast to the likely spot and barely even move it.

You know it !! lol

Gambler Big Ez, burn them close to the top.The Owner 6/0 hooks work to, but there hard to find.The gammy bait keepers suck.Buy the Owner cps pins.
  • havuteenmybayball?havuteenmybayball? Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    I've actually been catching most of my fish here lately moving offshore fishing deep and hittin the lipless crankbaits and spinner baits hard. Usually I fish plastics 90% of the time, worms,flukes,creature baits,etc...but last couple weekends they just aint cuttin it! But IMO theres no funner way then goin out deep in the middle of the lake and feelin em' hammer a crank bait I could do it ALL day long!