Dinner or a boat, your choice

If you’re fishing this weekend, or any weekend until Labor Day, you don’t want to be like the guy from Brevard county yesterday, where he caught a tagged redfish that could have been turned into a boat or truck instead of dinner.  Nothing wrong with a nice red for dinner, but a new boat or truck would have been nice.  The only thing stopping him from choosing between a brand new truck or boat was not being signed up for the CCA STAR tournament.  https://www.facebook.com/ccaflstar/posts/2127931410817055

Replies

• greencoveGgreencoveG Posts: 57 Greenhorn
    No thanks, don't want more gov't in my fishing.  "Conservation and public education.  Kys.
  • Bud in FlaBud in Fla Posts: 46 Greenhorn
    Got far enough to see that you have to pay to register but never could find out how much. Think I'll pass -  
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,638 Captain
    Got far enough to see that you have to pay to register but never could find out how much. Think I'll pass -  
    You have to be a member of the CCA and then you have to register for the tournament. This year I believe the total cost is 70 bucks.

The problem I have is it would be my luck to catch a tagged redfish and not be registered so unless I choose not to fish all summer I have signed up in the past.

There are other ways to win but they are drawings and my luck at drawings is lousy. The odds of catching one of the four released in the area I fish is monumental so maybe I'll just not fish until September.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."