PSA: mrwifflelure.com

What with Win-Carr having been closed since Irma I was getting dangerously low on my favorite rubber tails, the 4" Mr Wiffle in the pearl white and the rootbeer/ chartreuse tails. Internet 's a wonderful thing,found their website and **** if they don't have a helluva sale going on. Pair them up with Bob Lemays jigheads for cheap wildly effective lures. Stock up while you can...

Replies

• nightflynightfly Posts: 489 Deckhand
    I have a buddy that uses these with lots of success. He had the same problem as you. He knew somebody that knew somebody that knows the guy who makes them so he was able to get some. Could you post a link?
  • BobberBobber Posts: 878 Officer
    www.mrwifflelure.com
    Right on
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 2,908 Captain
    Mr. Wiffle... that's old school stuff right there... In my tackle chest (actually a big piece of furniture my Dad built for me forty years ago...) I still have a few packs of them -that have to be around 30 years old... Have to get one out and see if that old plastic is still up to the task...

Thanks for the mention on my jigheads - and I need to get cracking since i've got orders to fill... Guiding this time of year doesn't leave hardly a minute for shop work...
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
    Funny thing is that I've had better hook up ratios on the wiffles than on the gulps,fish seem to swallow them deeper and hit them harder vs the gulps. Guess they don't know from old school, my spooks and 52's still catch fish too.  Not enough discussion on here or anywhere else about what works anymore, sad.

I will say that Bob is making the best quality jigheads on the market right now,DO A and Hookup should be ashamed of the carp they have on the shelves for the money they want. What's so hard about putting a quality hook into a hunk of lead with a good paint job? Evidently beyond the big names, what they think we don't notice?  Almost enough to make me give up artis and go to the dark side...... 

• andrewthe1andrewthe1 Posts: 608 Officer
    Haha these are old school, them and the "Cotee" brand ribbed flat tail grubs were always in my box.

Cool to here Capt LeMay makes jigheads!
    we need more internet money
    Been making them for years... Here's a pic of a just completed order for 150 1/4oz leadheads for Gulp or plastic tails...
    and here's a pic of some backcountry bucktails....
    Anyone can get a price list with lots of pictures by sending an email request to [email protected]

Remember, though that until May I'm just too busy guiding to take any new orders... 
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • Flatwater witchFlatwater witch Posts: 596 Officer
    Been making them for years... Here's a pic of a just completed order for 150 1/4oz leadheads for Gulp or plastic tails...
    Anyone can get a price list with lots of pictures by sending an email request to [email protected]

Remember, though that until May I'm just too busy guiding to take any new orders... 

X 10 on Lemay's jigs------it's all I use.

Thanks Captain Bob.

Also thanks Bobber for Mr Wiffle post, I had lost track of them.

60% off ----Oh yeah. Order is in.

Here's another old school gem

https://www.hhlure.com/products/4-cocahoe-minnow-50-pack.

Bob, you fishing the Friendly Flamingo Tournament ?

Renagade69 wrote: »
    Either you are mechanically inclined ore your not. The fact you had to ask told me that you can not do it. Its ok, not every one has this ability. Some people just have to pay.
    Yes Capt Lemay has the best jig heads around. Every couple of years I order a bunch. 

X 10 on Lemay's jigs------it's all I use.

Thanks Captain Bob.

Also thanks Bobber for Mr Wiffle post, I had lost track of them.

60% off ----Oh yeah. Order is in.

Here's another old school gem

https://www.hhlure.com/products/4-cocahoe-minnow-50-pack.

Bob, you fishing the Friendly Flamingo Tournament ?

What,against yall hard core pipe hitting ni****?  I be too skairt....

Probably be like last year, dragging yet another (but final) child thru frosh orientation in some godawful yankee city about then. But if I can convince her to take FSU's offer, I'll be there. 

Tallahassee is God's Country...Good luck.

Here is FFT link. $80 per boat I think. You'll get that back in the Captain's bucket.

Let me know.

http://www.fftseries.com/

Either you are mechanically inclined ore your not. The fact you had to ask told me that you can not do it. Its ok, not every one has this ability. Some people just have to pay.
  • MegalopsAtlanticusMegalopsAtlanticus Port of the Islands, FLPosts: 91 Greenhorn
    Mr. Whifflelures still produce some great fish.  (you can still buy them at Irv's Marathon gas station, and at Chokoloskee Island Park marina...  And I'd imagine Kenny has some on the wall at Outdoor Resorts)

"Old School" still gets the job done, for sure!

Heck, I still bomb out #3 Reflecto Spoons (white feather!) for creek Snook and they still catch 'em just like they did in the 1940s.  

When Mr. Webb passed away (and his stepson Gary Thompson died last year), Win-Car really took a hit.  And the devastation from Irma really just finished it off.  The entire stock inside was lost.  

Jimmy Webb always had a full selection of the best local lures.  And Gary continued that tradition when he helped his Mom run the store after Jim's passing.  But I don't think Mrs. Webb could really handle all that stuff on her own.

Little by little, the 'olden days and legends' of Everglades City have sort of slipped away.  It's always so sad when the town loses another old-timer.  So much history is lost with each passing year.  And yet, the little town holds on.
    "Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
    Like "Remuda Ranch" - nothing last forever....
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • nobleonenobleone Posts: 52 Greenhorn
    Just the names have changed, it will always be Remuda Ranch in my heart.  I hope Mr Whiffle  got some turkey's and ships soon...

"If it's not one thing, it's an alternator"

• MegalopsAtlanticusMegalopsAtlanticus Port of the Islands, FLPosts: 91 Greenhorn

Haha...  For sure...  So true...

I fished with Rick Ruoff down in Islamorada a few weeks ago.  It makes me smile every time he says "Remuda Ranch".
    "Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
    Bobber said:
    www.mrwifflelure.com

My package came in today from Mr. Wiffle.

Got a bunch at 60% off. Yeah hoo.

Now need some free time to coincide w/ good weather and tides.

Got mine yesterday, ready to try 'em out, seems like my old standbys are getting ignored....

• snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 980 Officer
    Let us know the results.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,384 Admiral
    Toch Brown was my neighbor for almost 10 years...
    Sure enjoyed the stories.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    Never met Totch - wish I'd been lucky enough to know him.   Thanks for the reminder about Mr. Wiffle - I'll be ordering from them today....
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
    I got to know Totch also. Loved talking with him. I was always surprised at how open he was about his ventures or should I say adventures.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    Any time one of my anglers starts showing some interest in the history of the places we're fishing - the first book I recommend is TOTCH by Loren Brown (his real name) - the second book is the Swamp by Michael Grunwald...  I know there's other fine books about the Everglades - but those two are at the head of my list

Totch's autobiography paints a matter of fact picture of the years before and after the Park was established in 1948 - times and events that most living here in paradise might never have heard of... Grunwald's history of man's dealings with the Everglades from the first European's arrival here is must reading for anyone wanting to understand how we came to where we are today with all the current problems the 'Glades is facing (and as usual most of them self- inflicted...).
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
    edited June 4 #24
    Pleased to report the first goround of wiffle lures worked well.  Trout, snuke and redfish made it to the boat this weekend as a result.  White and chartreuse (vivid green) seemed to work best, but mostly the fish didn't care what color I threw at 'em.  There were some triple tail boated this weekend too, but they didn't care for Mr Wiffles offerings or a gulp for that matter, the shrimp is what turned 'em on.

Glad you had a good trip.