Old Towne Guide 119 Solo

FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 3,035 Captain
Over twenty five years ago I happily switched from canoe to kayak and never looked back.......
There are places and uses that guarantee a place for my sit-on-top kayak,but the Old Towne 119 caught my eye.
Compact solo design at 40 lbs., molded seat.The fact that such craft are commonly powered via double blade/ kayak paddle clinched it.
A delight to run with a kayak paddle, great to gaze on a traditional bow cut through the water, lots of space for gear. The molded seat is lower than the earlier web seating,she is plenty stable. A neat addition to the fleet.
Sometimes I put it in the pool just to look at it....

Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink

Replies

• krashkrash Posts: 568 Officer
    Good choice, congrats.. I paddle a Wenonah Vagabond Solo and love it, has the webbed seat but I added a sot kayak style padded seat that snaps in with a back band for support.. mine is a kevlar build 14'4" and like yous light as a feather 38 pounds and floats in spit or soft mud. I also paddle it with a double blade kayak paddle.
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 3,035 Captain
    Krash- your Vagabond is top notch!
    SOT padded seat revision sounds ideal.

• krashkrash Posts: 568 Officer
    Thx, and Yea that seat makes quite a difference.. it's made/sold by Wenonah called the super seat, just looked up the link and its on sale for $29.99

Link to seat  they make one for the webbed bench seat like I have and also one for the tractor style bucket seat. It adds a little padding and also some back support. 
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 3,035 Captain
    Excellent, thank you for seat info.