Stroudsburg, PA - Anything interesting to see?

chick-a-deechick-a-dee Posts: 1,449 Officer
I'm heading up to Stroudsburg, PA, tomorrow to pace the Pocono Marathon on Sunday.  (It's the 3:55 group if any of you want to join me! :wink: )  Any suggestions on "must see" things while I'm up there or good restaurants/breweries to check out?  Race day weather looks to possibly be rainy, but if I can handle Boston, I think I can handle this too!  :smiley:

Replies

• GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,469 Admiral
    no
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,934 Captain
    no
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,619 Admiral
    edited May 18 #4
    Not familiar with that area but if you can get some Stoudts Brewing beer,try it.  
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,890 Captain
    Nothing
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 1,835 Captain
    The Hershey chocolate factory is not too far away.
    Best that i could come up with.
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,619 Admiral
    edited May 20 #7
    Hershey is a little ways....... but buy Twizzlers anywhere in Pa and they are fresh and delicious 
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,562 Captain
    Finfinder said:
    Hershey is a little ways....... but buy Twizzlers anywhere in Pa and they are fresh and delicious 
    My wife loves those things.  Like eating plastic to me.

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,597 Admiral
    If you can get a case of Reese's Cups at wholesale I'll pay shipping...winning..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,562 Captain
    edited May 22 #10
    I'll go in with you TRT 2 cases.

nothing like a Hershey bar that makes you think of WWII.