Last of our "2018 Saint Johns River R & R week"

Had a great week of weather, fishing & friendship.  Some hurricane damage was evident, but the area is recovering pretty well.  Fishing has been pretty good and each of the boats have been averaging between 60 and 100.  We did have a group of guys staying here that were having a little trouble catching enough to have a fundraiser fish fry for a children's charity that they have every year, so we decided to help them out with some fish.  Really looking forward to next years trip!

A few more pictures from the last couple of days.

In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

Replies

• Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,128 Admiral
    Nice pics!

No stress there!
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,142 Officer
    Looks like a great trip.  I'm with Split^^^......looks like a relaxing time.

Livin' the Dream !
  • Old DogOld Dog Posts: 523 Officer
    Very nice. Great shots of the manatee too!
    OD
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,659 Captain
    Old Dog said:
    Very nice. Great shots of the manatee too!
    OD
    Yea, we were anchored up on a bream bed in less than 6 feet of water and they came up and were rubbing their backs on the bottom of the boat. Must have moved the boat 15 feet or more. They hung around for about 45 minutes and would roll over to get us to scratch their belly. Pretty cool!
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams