Wind

Headed down to Ft Lauderdale next Friday.  I swear every time I come down the wind blows.  Hopefully the forecast changes. 

Replies

• Trit21Trit21 Posts: 159 Deckhand
    Then stop coming down! Just joking. Hope the weather changes for you. 
    Tom

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live: Orlando
    Boat: Ft Pierce
    2000 Tiara 3500 Open
  • YammyYammy Posts: 52 Greenhorn
    I mean seriously, tropical depression in May....come on!
  • FrydaddyFrydaddy Boynton BeachPosts: 383 Deckhand
    Don't feel bad were heading to the keys fri-sun gonna make the best if it
  • watergatorwatergator Fort Pierce Posts: 46 Greenhorn
    Dont let it ruin your trip. The great thing about south florida is that theres always options. Snook, tarpon, sharks, jewfish, etc can all be caught around the inlets, channels, and bridges out of offshore boats. You can also find protected areas where you can anchor deep and wade for inshore stuff. 
     We will make the best of it But it stinks since we specifically planned a trip to fish offshore.
  • GarysmoGarysmo Posts: 388 Deckhand
    It has been a windy year so far just doesn't want to break.   On the positive side long range forecasts have been wrong so hopefully it changes in your favor.   
  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 1,882 Captain
    I come over from the SW occasionally to fish with a friend.  Watching four beach cams daily I haven't seen a day in at least a week I would be comfortable heading out.  Funny spring so far.  I hope when it gets too hot to move it settles down some.  You are lucky to be able to go out 2 miles and find deep water.  Over in the SW 2 miles out may get you 40'.  
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 315 Deckhand
    It should be ok in the morning....

FRIDAY...Southeast winds around 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet.
    Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Showers likely and a slight
    chance of thunderstorms.

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 315 Deckhand
    edited May 22 #10
    CAUTION....Be mindful of the outgoing tide and that easterly in the morning ...inlet will be rough going!  :#

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

I think we are going to head south to Port Everglades to get out.  Hopefully will be a little easier
    edited May 23 #12
    Looks like Friday is the only chance we have to get out.  2.5-3.5 looks like as good as it’s gonna get. 
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,483 Admiral
    just pray this thing turns west.   If it does, we may still salvage some of next week.  
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.