Home Off Topic

Ford is going to eliminate sedans from its production

13»

Replies

• mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    The words Frreddomm and Libeerrty will be banned too. 
    I wonder if Freedom and Liberty will be banned next??? After all they are controversial and hurtful to some. 
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 5,970 Admiral

I’m pretty sure isn’t a decision of the Forum management to ban some words and some not. 

Probably is the filter embedded in this (orrible) platform which is programmed to ban in one way only. 

And this would be really scaring because it would mean that the political correctness mafia is creating new automatic instruments to influence, control and censor the people. The dystopic world is becoming real.

Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,270 AG
    I'm boycotting Ford now too.   This is easy! 
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,799 Admiral
    if gas prices rise their move to SUVs etc. will backfire 

Chevy's Impala Coupe' is a beauty !

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,544 AG
    Gardawg said:

Looks pretty nice for an impala.
       I like the looks of some cars but I need a truck. With an 8 ft bed. Those are getting rare.
       On a side note, wasn’t the Taurus the one with an SHO option. I knew a few folks that were crazy about them.
    I thought sedans were four door?
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,975 AG
    Sedans are for grandma.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,544 AG
    I guess that’s right, never owned on though. I do appreciate the lines in some cars.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,633 AG

Anyway no one other brand in the whole world has the same na.zi heart than VW :D

Hugo Boss was the uniform maker of the **** SS and Fanta was the soft drink of the ****

Also, to be fair, Volkswagen was totally destroyed during WW2 and the Allied forces decided to make Volkswagen the focus of their attempts to resuscitate the German auto industry. It was rebuilt and remarketed in the 50s, So while it, like a few other brands might have **** connections, it isn't the same company, 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

edited May 2018 #72
    After the war a lot of na.zi facilities were rebuilded and a lot of na.zi people were recruited by the Allies. The most emblematic case has probably been von Braun.
    Anyway the VW Typ 1 (the beetle) was one of the most beloved Hit.ler sons (it was his dream to give a car to everybody) and is really fun how it become the icon of the lefties worlwide :D

Just to say how the same stuffs are considered good or bad according to who use or promote it. Many person should meditate on this ;)

********************************************************************************************************************************
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    Between 1934 and 1945 every German was a member of the nasty party. Otherwise you didn’t have a job. 
    Between 1934 and 1945 every German was a member of the nasty party. Otherwise you didn’t have a job. 

Otherwise you went to a concentration camp. 

"You had some very bad people in that group. You also had some very fine people on both sides.

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

It seems he's happy to have found his next lunch :D

• CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Gardawg said:

Not if....when..... Americans have short memories...
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    Sedans aren't very practical really, I've never understood why anyone would buy one, I have always either owned a station wagon, a van, or a truck or a sports car.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    surfman said:
    Sedans aren't very practical really, I've never understood why anyone would buy one, I have always either owned a station wagon, a van, or a truck or a sports car.
    I've always preferred wagons, but the last car bought was the mazda6 sedan and the handling and comfort are perfect for me now in my older days and the trunk space on the sedan is comparable to many of the wagons these days
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,050 Moderator

A sedan has a frame around it's door window. 2 door or 4 door. (I still refer to them as a 2 door post or 4 door sedan.)

A hardtop does not have a frame around the door window. 2 door or 4 door.( I call them a 2 door hardtop or a 4 door hardtop.) 

There are also 2 door coupes and 4 door coupes. The coupe usually has a truncated roof line .

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

A sedan has a frame around it's door window. 2 door or 4 door. (I still refer to them as a 2 door post or 4 door sedan.)

A hardtop does not have a frame around the door window. 2 door or 4 door.( I call them a 2 door hardtop or a 4 door hardtop.) 

There are also 2 door coupes and 4 door coupes. The coupe usually has a truncated roof line .
    This man cars
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,375 Admiral
    Sedans aren't practical but trucks and sportcars are..... wow.  Maybe I know the wrong truck owners but the ones i know never use trucks for their intended purpose.  Outside hauling I don't think a truck could be less practical.  Sportcars are fun, but also are not remotely practical.  Wagons are awesome, I wish the selection was better.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    sedans are practical for driving passengers. 

That's why they used so many for Taxis. 

My next vehicle will be a crossover hatch back estate wagon convertible coupe'.

or a pick up 

or a roadster

or a saloon

or a cabriolet

or a Hupmobile 

i don't think I could ever go back to a car.  Once you have a truck, you kind of get used to being able to do stuff cars just cannot do.  I still regret getting rid of my wife's suburban and downsizing to a Venza.  It gets 14mpg better than the Suburban, but that thing was 7 passenger, loaded, tow hitch, it would have been very useful.   But got rid of it before i got a boat so hindsight is always 20/20. 
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,375 Admiral
    edited May 2018 #84
    i don't think I could ever go back to a car.  Once you have a truck, you kind of get used to being able to do stuff cars just cannot do.  I still regret getting rid of my wife's suburban and downsizing to a Venza.  It gets 14mpg better than the Suburban, but that thing was 7 passenger, loaded, tow hitch, it would have been very useful.   But got rid of it before i got a boat so hindsight is always 20/20. 
    Trucks can make perfect sense depending on how they are utilized.  Hauling and towing they are second to none.  I just know people who use massive trucks as a commuter car, which doesn't make sense to me.  Picking up a bag of mulch from home depot doesn't require a f150, now if one has a boat to haul, yeah sure.  Makes perfect sense.

I want a Subaru outback as my next car.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:
    Trucks can make perfect sense depending on how they are utilized.  Hauling and towing they are second to none.  I just know people who use massive trucks as a commuter car, which doesn't make sense to me.  Picking up a bag of mulch from home depot doesn't require a f150, now if one has a boat to haul, yeah sure.  Makes perfect sense.

I want a Subaru outback as my next car.  
    I always like the Subaru Baja, I think I mentioned that already in this thread, like an avalanche that's been shrunk down.   

• dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    I’m coming up on 200k on my four year old Fusion Hybrid, avaerage 39.5 mpg, never changed the brakes, mechanic told me I had 40k more miles on them.  Best car  I’ve ever had, by far.  Thanks drive a lot obviously, will buy another one without question
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,363 Admiral
    What am I missing? It has been discussed for a few years that coupes are dead. Saw a new Honda civic couple days ago , never saw one before.on the other hand, Camaro, Mustang, etc are regaining interest. But they are not offered in a sedan. Duh. 

The sedan  imports are alive and well. So are crossovers and SUV as well as trucks. American sedans are the only dying breed.