Home General Paddle Craft

Hollywood to Dania 5/12

kr lipkr lip Posts: 34 Greenhorn
Hey guys  my idea back fired I was hoping to drift north    i put in just south of Hollywood Blvd at 6 am  made it out to about 120 ft of depth  there was some activity around 70 to 90 ft  lot of weeds  I ended up paddling north trolling   and I'd vertical jig from time to time   Had a short mutton  and lost something on the jig    also saw  a lot of flying fish and a sail  at about 50 ft  just south of Dania pier  sorry about punctuation .      I don't normally post on here  I'm going to try to be more active but I don't get to fish much due to family and work 
However lurking on this forum has been inspirational 

Replies

• John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 3,460 Captain
    Always good to see another offshore report.  Most the time the current is North, but from time to time we get a Southerly eddy current along the coast.  A good indicator is to look at the ships anchored off the port.  If the ships are pointing North, the current is running South.  
  • kr lipkr lip Posts: 34 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the heads up I'll keep that in mind     also how effective are drift socks and does anybody use them  
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 3,460 Captain
    kr lip said:
    Thanks for the heads up I'll keep that in mind     also how effective are drift socks and does anybody use them  
    I bought one a long time ago, I have not used it in years.  Usually if the wind is against the current the two cancel, and I have never felt the need for a sock.  Most often the wind and current are running in similar directions, and a sock would not be of much use.
  • kr lipkr lip Posts: 34 Greenhorn
    Ok thanks again ilI' save my money and get some better gear instead