Saint Johns River R & R

Our annual Saint Johns River excursion has been pretty good so far.  Weather has been good and the bream have been pretty cooperative so far.  Kind of near the end of the bedding cycle, but catching plenty to eat and share with the neighbors so far.  Most importantly some quality time with old fiends.  Most of the guys involved are high school classmates from the 1965 Senior class graduation (Dang, I'm getting old!!)  Three boats involved so far, and each boat is bringing in on average about 60 to 70 each day.  Even picked up a nice catfish on 6# line and a #10 hook.     Hoping the next 2 1/2 days are as good as the first 4 1/2 :)
In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

Replies

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,425 Captain
    Looks fun 
    You should have been here yesterday
  • stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 732 Officer
    Nice work... catch em up on you'll trip. Yesterday we called off our shoal bass trip for today on the flint river due to high waters. Will do that trip on later date, but now it's time to get  big boat on gulf waters.

• Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,128 Admiral
    LIKE!
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,160 Officer
    Sweet!  Catching 60-70 per day per boat Is one heck of a mess to clean.  :smiley:  What are you using for bait.......worms, crickets or.....???

Livin' the Dream !
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,704 Captain
    Use mostly jumbo red worms,  but a few crickets as well.  Yea, we gave a bunch of them to a group that does a charity fundraiser, and and they cleaned a bunch.  If everyone pitches in, it's not too bad getting them cleaned 
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams