Contender 25 Bay

cairotroutcairotrout Georgia Posts: 159 Deckhand
Anybody ever rode in one of these? Suggestions please.

Replies

• FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,299 Officer
    Anybody ever rode in one of these? Suggestions please.
    Post this on the Hull Truth if you want answers......
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,002 Officer
    I saw one once at a boat show. I still remember that I wasn't impressed.
  • cairotroutcairotrout Georgia Posts: 159 Deckhand
    I may just get a 2011 built.I believe I can go offshore on good days on it. What you guys think. I am scared nothing else will match the quality or ride.
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,228 Officer
    edited May 1 #5
    That contender is a large boat that will ride better than a 2011 and has much higher sides. If you want a family boat you need to look for a real bay boat. The 2011 is a flats boat that is 20 ft long. There is a Used Estero for sale on this forum I think should sell at around 94k. The Jupiter Bay boat is a great option also. Its a beast. 
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
  • SpookSpook Posts: 134 Deckhand
    I have fished out of one several times and own a 1998 Egret 18.   The contender is a quality built boat, it rides very well, runs fast, my buddy has a 300 Yamaha on his, and drafts shallow,   Plenty of room in the boat for a family.  If I needed a bigger boat, and could afford it, it would be at the top of my list.  For comparison, my buddy came from a Pathfinder 23 HPS and the Contender is a much better boat.
  • EricjmartinezEricjmartinez Posts: 93 Greenhorn
    Here is one on CL. https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/d/2016-contender-25-bay-boat/6551550594.html

I’d also consider the Young 24. Fit and finish is top notch. Not a production boat. 
  • EricjmartinezEricjmartinez Posts: 93 Greenhorn
    There are a few on Boattrader. Here was the best priced one. http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2014-contender-25-bay-102894774/?refSource=standard%20listing

I’d 2nd Renegade’s suggestion into checking out the Estero. Beautiful rig if you don’t mind an E-tec outboard 
  • TXWahooTXWahoo Posts: 439 Deckhand
    East Cape is now building a 25ft bay boat also; I believe they are on hull #2 now.  I'm not sure of the price but based upon previous conversations with the friends of the owner, I'm sure it's less than the HB and Contender.