A little freshwater

Getting everything ready for our Saint Johns trip, we decided to take one of the boats for a shakedown trip to Ocheesee Pond in hopes that we would catch the bream on the bed.   Turns out that we should have been there last week 😣 Plenty of beds, but not that many fish on them. Still a relaxing and enjoyable trip, and now in hopes the fish will be more cooperative on the Saint Johns next week 

In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

Replies

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,497 Captain
    A fat red belly.  they're fun to catch.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,275 AG
    Plan trips around the full and new moons. Good luck
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,659 Captain
    micci_man said:
    Plan trips around the full and new moons. Good luck
    Problem is that they bedded less than 2 weeks ago and the full moon was less than a week ago 
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,142 Officer
    Still a nice time.  Brings back a lot of childhood memories for me.

Livin' the Dream !
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,659 Captain
    LilOrange said:
    Still a nice time.  Brings back a lot of childhood memories for me.
    Had a great time. Only caught a few, but usually when you catch one, it's a nice one. I would go just for the scenery. We were down a little over 2 weeks ago and felt like they would be bedding by now, but they bedded a little earlier than we thought,  and there you have to be on them when they start fanning the beds, as the locals will target them and clean off the beds that you can get to. Lots of beds back in the swamp , but all but impossible to get to 
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,128 Admiral
    I've been on the Ocheesee once. Didn't catch a thing but it was pretty.

That was a nice fatty!
  • stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 732 Officer
    Nice trip catch em up on Saint Johns.