Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Jupiter Saturday 4-28

Headed out early Saturday offshore from Jupiter Inlet. Primarily focused on bottom fishing with dead baits. The bite was slow. Drifted 150' 100' and shallower @ 75'. The wind and gulfstream currents were opposing. Did not catch anything worth keeping, small snapper and grunts. My drifted flat line baits got a few strikes (probably kingfish). Seas were kind of rough the further offshore. Hope others had better fishing than I did

Replies

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,600 Admiral
    Thanks for the report
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 515 Officer
    Every report is appreciated...thanks!

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 1,597 Captain
    Thanks for the info.  I went out today and it was rough so we cut it short.
  • procastnateprocastnate Jensen BeachPosts: 11 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the report. We trolled all over on Sunday with nothing to show for it. Tried drifting blue runners in 100 and had 1 hammerhead that finally broke off. Good luck and tight lines !!
  • Pursuit2470wpbPursuit2470wpb Posts: 68 Deckhand
    sunday out of bbi, went out with the wife in search of some dolphin. Went out to 800’ and the wife said “ I thought you said it was 1’ today”. Yeah these are 1’ was my response. Ha. Tons of scattered weed everywhere so ended up clearing lines a ton. Caught a blackfin tuna, 2 small fins and 2 tiles on the way back in. Stopped at a few patches to chunk up some fins but no luck. Fun day out and ramp was jam packed at 1:30 leaving.