Home Off Topic

nfl draft

frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
not going to watch, but i'm going to read about it later 
Bucs need help in the secondary, again, seems like Vernon turned out to be a bust and safety is still an issue 
Of course the Bucs GM has made some head scratching picks, so know telling what they'll do 

Rams gave up their first and second round picks but hopefully they trade back into the second round and add more depth,

what do you expect your teams to do?

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,507 AG
    Bucs-Derwin James or Denzel ward.   but the Bucs aren't my team.   Buffalo is

I expect Buffalo to trade up with the Giants, Dave Gettleman the Giant's GM was Brandon Beane the Bills GM's boss in Carolina there is definitely a connection there and if a deal is to be done it will be at 2 to move up for Josh Rosen.   I dont' believe all the hype about Allen, he's got bust written all over him.      The Giants could move back to 12, grab any number of good players and then again at 22.   Then draft more good players with picks 53 and 56 as well

From the Giant's perspective does it make sense to draft one guy at 2, or get 4 starters from the Bills picks?  Seems like a no brainer to me. 
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • dolfanjoeydolfanjoey Posts: 1,174 Officer
    Pretty sure the Dolphins will screw up their pick. That's all I got.
    I think Miami is going to go LB, and get Edmunds out of VA Tech.   Could go much worse than a 6'4 250lb ILB who can also rush the QB.   I sure as hell don't want you to get him.  

Could also go Marcus Davenport at 11.   Kid is going to be the next JPP.   It'll be hard to screw up 11
  • MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,800 Captain
    The Falcons will probably draft defense in the 1st round. Probably the kid from UF. 
  • Florida Ex-patFlorida Ex-pat Posts: 586 Officer
    Miami needs a QB.  Tannehill is never going to be good enough to get it done.
    I don't totally agree with that. Tannehill is a pretty consistent 4k yard passer his stats this year not withstanding were not that far from Kirk Cousins.   But When you guys brought in Tannenbaum I knew he would set you back and of course he did by spending way too much on Suh and then throwing money out the window on Mario Williams.   Losing Landry hurts he was a decent run blocker and he could move the chains.   I wouldn't get rid of Tannehill just yet because trust me as a Bills fan it can always get worse. 

All that said, round 2, Mason Rudolph....I'd take him to groom.   And I'd probably trade back with Arizona and get more picks for 11 If I were the Dolphins. 
  • fishdishfishdish Posts: 1,223 Officer
    As a Browns fan this is our anual "playoff run". And then in 7 months we realized we lost again. Here's to another year of "Hope and Change"!!!!!
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    fishdish said:
    As a Browns fan this is our anual "playoff run". And then in 7 months we realized we lost again. Here's to another year of "Hope and Change"!!!!!
    Sounds like they are going to draft Mayfield    I think that would be a huge mistake. 
  • Florida Ex-patFlorida Ex-pat Posts: 586 Officer
    I don't totally agree with that. Tannehill is a pretty consistent 4k yard passer his stats this year not withstanding were not that far from Kirk Cousins.   But When you guys brought in Tannenbaum I knew he would set you back and of course he did by spending way too much on Suh and then throwing money out the window on Mario Williams.   Losing Landry hurts he was a decent run blocker and he could move the chains.   I wouldn't get rid of Tannehill just yet because trust me as a Bills fan it can always get worse. 

All that said, round 2, Mason Rudolph....I'd take him to groom.   And I'd probably trade back with Arizona and get more picks for 11 If I were the Dolphins. 

Tannehil like Cousins, Smith, and Bortles are good enough to keep you middle of the road and never in position for a high draft pick.  They are decent QBs in a league that seems to require excellence at the position to win titles (with a few exceptions).  Add to that they don't seem to have a good strategy for assembling a team and you get the results we have seen the last umpteen years.  We wasted Marino's entire career by never getting a solid defense or even a marginal running game and we have been sorry ever since. 
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    frank said:
    not going to watch, but i'm going to read about it later 
    Bucs need help in the secondary, again, seems like Vernon turned out to be a bust and safety is still an issue 
    Of course the Bucs GM has made some head scratching picks, so know telling what they'll do 

Rams gave up their first and second round picks but hopefully they trade back into the second round and add more depth,

what do you expect your teams to do?
    Pretty sure the Dolphins will screw up their pick. That's all I got.
    Yep, Bucs make a head scratching pick when they just picked up d linemen in free agency, but the pick has merit as the kid has skills

Jay, looks like Dolphins did good, better than expected
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,273 AG
    Got a Gator drafted in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th,  and the 6th so far. Callaway went 4th round as I predicted. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

Ok so I guess Buffalo is going to develop this kid Josh Allen hopefully for a year at least.   The kid they got Edmunds from VT looks like a beast.