Home Off Topic

Simple Question............

2»

Replies

• dave44dave44 Posts: 11,544 AG
    cadman said:
    AC Man said:
    It's not about the money, it is about business practice. I love her, she is great. I will eat it as usual.

In my business, I can't say, oh, the price we agreed on just went up 25% That is the issue.
    She is a housekeeper not a business. She wants more money, you either pay it, negotiate, or find a new housekeeper. Simple answer to a simple question. How valuable she is to you determines how far you are willing to take the negotiations. It sounds like she knows you won't fire her and is negotiating from the stronger position. What would you do if an employee of yours walked in and demanded a 25% raise? 

Treat this as an employee wanting a raise, not a business negotiation,. 
    She’s a housekeeper not a business? Is that a direct quote? 
       Why are these things such a weird place for you?
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,633 AG
    edited April 2018 #33
    dave44 said:
    cadman said:
    AC Man said:
    It's not about the money, it is about business practice. I love her, she is great. I will eat it as usual.

In my business, I can't say, oh, the price we agreed on just went up 25% That is the issue.
    She is a housekeeper not a business. She wants more money, you either pay it, negotiate, or find a new housekeeper. Simple answer to a simple question. How valuable she is to you determines how far you are willing to take the negotiations. It sounds like she knows you won't fire her and is negotiating from the stronger position. What would you do if an employee of yours walked in and demanded a 25% raise? 

That is a quote, You interpret that to mean something I did not say? She is an individual working as a housekeeper, not a business person employing others to do the work and she manages them. If an individual is doing the work personally, it is different than a guy who employs people as workers. I have dealt with this a lot over the years. You have to be careful not to step on someones ego if it is an individual. People's ego is very fragile and can interpret things the wrong way that a business would not. 

Let me ask you a simple question, Do you own a business, If a person said your employee screwed up how would you react? If that same person told your employee directly they screwed up, how would they react? My guess is the employee would be a lot angrier than you would be since as a business person you do not take it personal but look at ti as a problem to solve. Your employee will take it personal. 

I am tired of explaining it to you at this point. You are either just picking an argument or too obtuse to understand. either way, it is useless to attempt any further. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

cadman said:
    dave44 said:
    cadman said:
    AC Man said:

That is a quote, You interpret that to mean something I did not say? She is an individual working as a housekeeper, not a business person employing others to do the work and she manages them. If an individual is doing the work personally, it is different than a guy who employs people as workers. I have dealt with this a lot over the years. You have to be careful not to step on someones ego if it is an individual. People's ego is very fragile and can interpret things the wrong way that a business would not. 

Let me ask you a simple question, Do you own a business, If a person said your employee screwed up how would you react? If that same person told your employee directly they screwed up, how would they react? My guess is the employee would be a lot angrier than you would be since as a business person you do not take it personal but look at ti as a problem to solve. Your employee will take it personal. 

I am tired of explaining it to you at this point. You are either just picking an argument or too obtuse to understand. either way, it is useless to attempt any further. 

Must be me. Just thought I would show you what you said, try to have a better, “details” day.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,975 AG
    You're paying too much. I have two girls for 35 an hour. Takes them 3 hours every Thursday. I had to stop them from ironing and folding my underwear. They wash, iron and hang my t-shirts as well.

Maybe they need a raise
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,363 Admiral
    It is not a big  business. She does it on her own out of her house as a single parent. Cute, mid 40's blond lives a good lifestyle. I guess she doesn't see it from my point that she agreed to 8 months of rental cleanings I sold for for  her price. I get it. If I was her, I would say any future cleanings are going up 25% I guess that is the business owner in me, not a employee view. 

As for my link no worky to the house? That is another subject, the government is sticking it too us. Volusia county has shut down all vacationl rental homes. Hired a staff to seek and fine all people renting their house. Threatened with jail time and thousands in fines, so I had to shut down my site. Just joined a class action law suite. Millions of people rent their house as a vacation rental. Volusia says no
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    AC Man, 

Where did you get that information on Volusia County "shut down all vacation rental homes"?  All I can find is you are required to assess and pay the tax for it:

https://www.volusia.org/services/business-services/revenue-services/tourist-and-convention-development-tax/frequently-asked-questions.stml

Even more, the house just passed this:  http://floridapolitics.com/archives/236991-house-votes-strip-away-local-regulations-vacation-rental-homes

Just curious....Mike

It is not a big  business. She does it on her own out of her house as a single parent. Cute, mid 40's blond lives a good lifestyle. I guess she doesn't see it from my point that she agreed to 8 months of rental cleanings I sold for for  her price. I get it. If I was her, I would say any future cleanings are going up 25% I guess that is the business owner in me, not a employee view. 

As for my link no worky to the house? That is another subject, the government is sticking it too us. Volusia county has shut down all vacationl rental homes. Hired a staff to seek and fine all people renting their house. Threatened with jail time and thousands in fines, so I had to shut down my site. Just joined a class action law suite. Millions of people rent their house as a vacation rental.
    AC Man, 

Where did you get that information on Volusia County "shut down all vacation rental homes"?  All I can find is you are required to assess and pay the tax for it:

https://www.volusia.org/services/business-services/revenue-services/tourist-and-convention-development-tax/frequently-asked-questions.stml

Even more, the house just passed this:  http://floridapolitics.com/archives/236991-house-votes-strip-away-local-regulations-vacation-rental-homes

Just curious....Mike

Hey buddy

You are  half correct. I was made aware of paying taxes for years and that was correct. . Now they are saying stop imedieately  all short term rentals or face a fine of thousands a day and face jail time of one year as no one can rent a single family home.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    That sucks.  Hopefully that state law will take precedence and you'll be able to do with your property what you see fit.
    I hope so. Otherwise the majority will loose their homes. The hotel industry are the ones pushing this. Hopefully the law suit against this will work. Can't imagine why the county. State, and federal government would give up the revenue taxes for the East Indian hotel ring????
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,257 Captain
    AC Man said:
    I hope so. Otherwise the majority will loose their homes. The hotel industry are the ones pushing this. Hopefully the law suit against this will work. Can't imagine why the county. State, and federal government would give up the revenue taxes for the East Indian hotel ring????
    It might be the neighbors are tired of a new party at the house every week. People on vacation tend to let loose and make **** of themselves. Not saying your tenets are this way but there are a lot that are.
     As far as your housekeeper, she probably never thought about your concerns about agreed upon prices. If it really bothers you it would do more good to talk to her about it.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,585 AG
    AC Man said:
    Thats what I thought?  That's going to kill localities when houses go vacant and property values plummet.

Captain Todd Approves

Virginia Beach is contemplating the same sort of regulations, they haven’t said they wanted to shut them down, but that looks like the direction.
       I don’t know about your area, but there are exorbitant taxes assess along the Beach fronts.
        Trying to kill the golden goose in favor of a small group of very loud angry people seems to be the way some politicians work.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Here on Panama city beach it depends on the neighborhood if you can rent your home daily or weekly. Most neighborhoods forbid it.
    Here on Panama city beach it depends on the neighborhood if you can rent your home daily or weekly. Most neighborhoods forbid it.
    Is there a ordinance in effect? Are there homes in the area on the vacation rental websites?
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    From what I know from people who own homes in most developments on PCB you can rent your home long term but not short term(daily, weekly) and the people who live there watch for it all the time. As far as those homes directly on the beach most if not all are both long term and short term. 
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,417 Admiral
    I'd rather pay $25 per hour and have a fast, efficient, thorough, honest and trustworthy person, then pay $10 plus tip and get a half-**** job and have them steal things.
    23895.gif