Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Local info for Sebastian in July?

Jared1Jared1 Posts: 11 Greenhorn
Hey all, I'm taking a trip to Sebastian from the Tampa area for a week in July and staying close to where captain hirams is at. I'm bringing a flats boat so limited to fishing inshore because I've heard the inlet can get sketchy. Made the trip last year and only caught a ton of jacks!
Any tips on finding trout or reds in the river??
Also in the Tampa area white bait is always the ticket I spent some time exploring around, and even tried chumming a few flats with no luck, any tips to finding bait or do you all mainly recommend throwing artificial? 

Thanks in advance for any info!!

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,619 AG
    July is flat as a lake most days... You can run the beach early AM...be in before noon and you miss the storms. Plenty of Tarpon at that time of year. 

Fish mangroves and windy points after the rains and before and just after sunset for trout & Reds.  
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • Jared1Jared1 Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the tips!
  • theUtheU The Orlando SewerPosts: 38 Greenhorn
    Why would you leave the clean water in Tampa Bay to fish in the Indian River toilet?!
    theU said:
    Why would you leave the clean water in Tampa Bay to fish in the Indian River toilet?!
    Solid question...  :D
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Just saw this! My girlfriends family vacations there for a week every year so since I'm there I might as well learn to fish it! Have made the trip 3 times so far with not much luck!
    Sadly, I do not feel you will have much better luck this year.

There was a time when I think you would have had a great trip....but lack of habitat has ruined what once was... 
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Yea that’s what I’ve heard from a couple of people. From what I’ve seen on yours and others post the fish are still around though so hopefully I can have a little luck!
    Jared1 said:
    Yea that’s what I’ve heard from a couple of people. From what I’ve seen on yours and others post the fish are still around though so hopefully I can have a little luck!
    It is but a faint flicker of what once was....but yes...there are still some around. 
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled