Saturday bust - jupiter to st. lucie

wife and I trolled six line spread, 4up 2 down anywhere from 55' to 240' and everywhere between from 9:30 to 1:00.   seas where 2-3' s.e. not too bad for trolling.  scattered weeds, flyers in all depths beautiful blue water.  went 0-3 in 120' off loran tower between  10:30 / 11:00.    worst spring fishing for us in 30 years.  not much to show for in last four trips.  our luck will change soon, I can feel it!

Replies

• AftershockAftershock Posts: 191 Deckhand
    Thanks for the sad report.  I'm in a terrible slump have not caught anything worthwhile this year.  The fishing is part to blame.  2 trips to Jupiter beach for pompano included - nothing but crabs.

We wil get em someday. 
  • oldtimeroldtimer Posts: 504 Officer
    Anyone try up towards Fort Pierce ?    Past experience there.  Thinking of that way next trip out instead of normal south, Pushbutton, wrecks, sandpile in route
  • oldtimeroldtimer Posts: 504 Officer
    That asked, thanks for the updates, even when they aren't what we all would like to report on.
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,875 Captain
    Thanks for the report.  It makes me not feel so bad for not getting out yesterday. 
  • OW HolmesOW Holmes Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    It has been slow for us most of the winter.  And lately. Nothing but bottom fish.  
    Bill Holmes, aboard Bluewater 2850 "Devil Don't Care"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toad31Toad31 Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    Went out on Saturday out of St. Lucie. Got on the water a little later than I wanted to. First line in the water @930am in about 90ft. Schools of small fliers everywhere and lots of scattered weeds. Trolled 6 lines in depths from 90-240 just to the north of Ft. Pierce. Nothing.... We did see a Right Whale w/calf early on near St. Lucie in about 110. Didn't see it for long before it sounded and didn't get a pic. Called FWC to report and got a biologist. I don't think they bought my story and I probably woulda stayed on the phone longer if I told em I saw a sasquatch. Three of us got a pretty cool memory though. First one I've ever seen.
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,875 Captain
    edited April 17 #8
    The bunny huggers are claiming that the right whales had no calves at all this year & a few got killed.  It's possible that someone might not have wanted the support for their agenda to get soiled by conflicting information popping up at an inconvenient time. 

Thanks for the report.
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 482 Deckhand
    oldtimer said:
    Anyone try up towards Fort Pierce ?    Past experience there.  Thinking of that way next trip out instead of normal south, Pushbutton, wrecks, sandpile in route
    I fish out of Ft Pierce and it has been slow and the winds have not been very cooperative.   Hoping to get out later this week.
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,570 Captain
    Slumps get broken.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you