Coffee causes cancer so says the kooks in Cali

tagtag Posts: 8,815 Admiral

Enjoy your morning cup. I like mine black.

Bad news, coffee drinkers: A California judge has ruled that coffee companies across the state will have to carry a cancer warning label because of a carcinogen that is present in the brewed beverage.

Superior Court Judge Elihu Berle sided with a nonprofit's case against dozens of coffee companies, including Starbucks, Peets and other chains, saying that businesses that sold coffee were in violation of a state regulation requiring businesses with at least 10 employees to disclose the prevalence of carcinogens and toxic chemicals.

“While plaintiff offered evidence that consumption of coffee increases the risk of harm to the fetus, to infants, to children and to adults, defendants’ medical and epidemiology experts testified that they had no opinion on causation,” Berle wrote. “Defendants failed to satisfy their burden of proving by a preponderance of evidence that consumption of coffee confers a benefit to human health.”

read more here

Replies

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 3,742 Captain
    Toasting bread at home also produces a carcinogen.  
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 1,185 Officer
    Only in California. Hope they never find out play dough causes cancer.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,964 Admiral
    I think Californians should come with a warning label.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 7,823 Admiral
    Lol, at least the politicians and judges!

Captain Todd Approves

• GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,943 Admiral

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,806 Admiral
    Don't drink it.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 3,231 Moderator
    It's just lawyers making money. The so-called carcinogenic, acrylamide, is also found in fried chicken, French fries, a wide variety of processed foods.

." why would someone want to be a moderator in the first place?"

"There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

mindyabizness

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,775 Captain
    Everything causes cancer in California.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,800 Captain
    tag said:

Enjoy your morning cup. I like mine black.

Bad news, coffee drinkers: A California judge has ruled that coffee companies across the state will have to carry a cancer warning label because of a carcinogen that is present in the brewed beverage.

Superior Court Judge Elihu Berle sided with a nonprofit's case against dozens of coffee companies, including Starbucks, Peets and other chains, saying that businesses that sold coffee were in violation of a state regulation requiring businesses with at least 10 employees to disclose the prevalence of carcinogens and toxic chemicals.

“While plaintiff offered evidence that consumption of coffee increases the risk of harm to the fetus, to infants, to children and to adults, defendants’ medical and epidemiology experts testified that they had no opinion on causation,” Berle wrote. “Defendants failed to satisfy their burden of proving by a preponderance of evidence that consumption of coffee confers a benefit to human health.”

read more here

Wonder why they aren't doing more to eradicate HIV?
    My Favorite Smile Is Vertical
  • hatcityhatcity Posts: 3,050 Captain
    to help ease your fears, send your coffee to me. I already have cancer so ****
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,339 Admiral
    I'm enjoying a big old cup of cancer right now.  Hope everyone has a nice weekend. 
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,943 Admiral
    I want some big round pancakes to go with my cup of coffee!
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 6,458 Admiral
    Gardawg said:
    I want some big round pancakes to go with my cup of coffee!
    Image result for big round pancakes meme
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 4,404 Captain
    Don't grill out either, fat that drips hitting the flame produces toxic chemicals...........
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/diet/acrylamide-fact-sheet

Laugh all the way to being dead...

Moderation is the key.

133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,377 AG
    Cyclist said:
    Your dogged defense of all things stupid is admirable.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 6,335 Admiral
    We an always count on Pete for the Counter Point..as he drinks his Triple Latte with Organic Goats milk and Whale ****
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 4,695 Captain
    I hate coffee. Not because it is not good for you, just don't like the taste. If I am feeling good, after a late breakfast on the weekend I can get down a cup. Or after dinner in a nice restaurant.. But it has been years  
  • joyescapejoyescape TexasPosts: 6 Greenhorn
    I will still drink my cup of coffee, a day without coffee will make me feel lazy. 
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,964 Admiral
    But does Decaf cause....less cancer?  Or more?   
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • wahoowacker01wahoowacker01 Posts: 1,470 Officer
    I don’t know about causing cancer, but coffee is a one heck of a laxative 
  • evernicevernic Posts: 770 Officer
    Slough said:
    Everything causes cancer in California.

California IS a cancer...
    2802 Trophy WA, 2x225Merc EFI's...sunk unamed storm 12-09looking for boat #10