4-5 Boca

Thought I’d get out before the wind kicked up.  I quickly realized it didn’t matter as it was rough from about 60ft out.  Ran with the NW seas to the southeast to about 700 and didn’t see much.  Trolled in and it was a pretty miserable ride.  Picked up a small skipjack at about 550 in a small islander type with a Mylar bait strip under.  Usually I say it was just nice to get out but I wished I’d stayed home this day.  Looking forward to flat summer mornings.  I don’t know how guys fish these conditions enjoyably. 

Replies

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,570 Captain
    It has been a heck of a spring
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 346 Deckhand
    edited April 6 #3
    I also thought I’d get out (of Hillsboro) before the wind kicked up ...but my buddy bailed so I'm thankful I didn't go solo...sorry you had a rough outing and not much to show for all your effort. Thanks for your post. 

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,985 Admiral
    weather reports for tomorrow east coast 16mph , west coast....15mph rain in the afternoon.   I think we'll be catching up on maintenance. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 1,990 Captain
    Well you gave it shot and got back safe and sound...enjoy your weekend.
  • Dustin BoyntonDustin Boynton Boynton beachPosts: 332 Deckhand
    Thanks for the report was gona head out in morning with my young son but not now.  In a few weeks will b flat!!
  • Conchy CritterConchy Critter Posts: 1,584 Captain
    In a few weeks will b flat!!
    And the fish will be gone. Get out now if you can.
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 482 Deckhand
    it has definitely been crappy....can't wait for things to quiet down.  i was hoping for this week but it's not looking great.  Hopefully can at least get out and try for some king fish.   
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 346 Deckhand
    Went out this morning and dangled a speedo from a kite and on a flat line...zero, zilch, zip, nada, nothing! 

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• xeniaxenia Posts: 275 Deckhand
    I happened to be at the dock where a well-known Ft. Lauderdale charter boat is located just when they came in this afternoon.  I asked the customers what they caught today.  They're response was "A big fat nothing!"