Anna marie island/ Bradenton area

chadscholtenchadscholten Michigan Posts: 2 Greenhorn
Looking for some help, heading down this week. Woundering where  me and the kids could catch some fish, dont matter what, looking for something besides the piers on the island. Staying in Bradenton near the bridge on Cortez . Thanks in advance for the help. Any tips appreciate

Replies

• JustKeepSwimmingJustKeepSwimming Posts: 119 Deckhand
    Beer Can Island could be worth checking out. Just walk the beach. You can park down north shore road but parking is limited. I was thinking of heading there this week to see if there's anything about. It should be quite during the week. 

Not sure how old your kids are but you could wade around the flats of sarasota bay in between Powel Crosley Estate and the Ca' d' Zan. You can park on Uplands blvd. I was fishing there this morning, trout and ladyfish around. 

You could check out Bayfront Park on Longboat. I usually take my kayak and go fish around the small mangrove island that you can see. Not sure what the fishing is like from the bank.

You could drive to the south end of longboat fish around quick point. You can park in Overlook park and walk under the bridge. There's usually always people fishing under the bridge but if you go wade around you should be left alone. 

Bean point beach at the top of Anna Marie could be another place to check out. 

I hope this helps. 

• fordmag84fordmag84 Bradenton, Fl Posts: 89 Greenhorn
    You up for wading?
  • chadscholtenchadscholten Michigan Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Yup,  up for what ever