Skip to main content
Home Boating

Marine Hand Held Spotlight suggestions?

ezzriderezzrider Posts: 80 Deckhand
I need to get a good handheld marine spotlight for my boat.  Want to be able to hook up to DC outlet on boat.  Also have a USB port. Will be boating near shore or islands.  Any suggestions? Thanks. 

Replies

• The Cat's EyeThe Cat's Eye Posts: 1,670 Captain
    I would be very surprised if anyone one makes a marine spotlight with a USB port, but anything is possible i suppose. My choice for marine spotlights are units that only need D cells to operate, since in an emergency you could loose your DC power or run down your batteries with a unit that has to be plugged in.  Take a look at the Coleman CPX 6 Ultra High Power LED Spotlight. Its not expensive and this unit is water resistant and very powerful
    Giimoozaabi
  • K-DawgK-Dawg Posts: 255 Deckhand
    edited March 2018 #3
    It can't be connected directly to DC, but I've been happy with my Dereelight Night Master 800, I think mine is actually the NM8004S. Almost perfectly focused beam with very little spill and it fits in your pocket. You didn't say what you plan to use it for, but one battery should easily get you through multiple nights of navigating. You can carry a couple extra 18650s if you're worried about battery life.
  • smooth movesmooth move Posts: 537 Officer
    i have no idea what brand i have. it's 12 v dc, power outlet plug. i'll look and see in the morning and post it up. i've had it for years. mostly keep it in the garage, but have left it on the boat, under the console hanging in the slings over salt water for severl months. darn thing still works. never had one last this long, even off the water. it's a cheapy, i'm sure, not like me to spend much on something like that.
    le se' bon ton roulet