Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

What a great day out of NPR on Sunday

Me and my friend Amanda Gilbert (Florida Sport Fishermen Angler of the Year) headed out in dense fog that didn't burn off until we were 22 miles out - slow going to keep from hitting anyone, but conditions were flat calm.  Had fun trolling for AJ and grouper, caught a bunch of grunt, and wished we had brought our dive gear.  Ran into some lady spearos who nailed a 40 pound cobia.  Great day out.

Replies

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,268 Admiral
    Nice job
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • grey2112grey2112 Posts: 259 Deckhand
    The girl can fish.
  • BfiBfi Posts: 118 Deckhand
    Congrats! Looked like a great day!!!

grey2112 said:

Me and my friend Amanda Gilbert (Florida Sport Fishermen Angler of the Year) headed out in dense fog that didn't burn off until we were 22 miles out - slow going to keep from hitting anyone, but conditions were flat calm.  Had fun trolling for AJ and grouper, caught a bunch of grunt, and wished we had brought our dive gear.  Ran into some lady spearos who nailed a 40 pound cobia.  Great day out.

• grey2112grey2112 Posts: 259 Deckhand

Other than the initial run out (I had to wear GOGGLES and wipe them off every 10 seconds - LOL) it turned into a perfect day on the water.  Main reason I went out was to test my Honda 250 - I recently started doing my own maintenance and wanted to ensure it was ready for dive season where I usually put 100+ hours on it.  Ran like a champ.