Palma Sola Bay wading

fordmag84fordmag84 Bradenton, Fl Posts: 89 Greenhorn
edited March 11 in Angler On Foot #1
Here's some of the slot stuff I'vecaught on the past month on Palma Sola Bay. Glass minnows are everywhere, lots of 20"-25" snook, they are blowin' up. Reds few and far between, mostly rats, got one slot. Last snook, not slot, just the first fish and second cast off the new ride. First snook 32" a week before open season, 2nd snook 30", red was a shade under 27". Snook all caught on Zmam paddleZ rigged weedless in Houdini. Red, slayer jerk 5" rigged weedless on Houdini. The red fleck seems to be the key. Let sink 1,2 twitch, repeat. Get out there, they are biting. Tight lines. 

Replies

• GeeTeeGeeTee Boca RatonPosts: 96 Greenhorn
    Dude - nice fish. Post up a pic of the rigged Kaku please- seriously looking at one!!!
  • fordmag84fordmag84 Bradenton, Fl Posts: 89 Greenhorn
    I'll post a better one when I get one. 
    GeeTee said:
    Dude - nice fish. Post up a pic of the rigged Kaku please- seriously looking at one!!!
     Highly recommend one, haven't found a flaw yet. Of course, the wind has been blowing 100mph, and I've been busy as of late, so I haven't been able to get out on it much. 
  • former bluefishinnyformer bluefishinny Posts: 1,475 Officer
    Nice... I was there last night and the topwater bite was insane. Got 7 trout, all over 20" - landed one 27-28" snook and lost one the biggest snook I have got on the West coast! Great trip. Solo. All on spooks
    Nice... I was there last night and the topwater bite was insane. Got 7 trout, all over 20" - landed one 27-28" snook and lost one the biggest snook I have got on the West coast! Great trip. Solo. All on spooks
    I have never had any luck with topwater, mostly likely a flaw in presentation. We're you parked right off Palma Sola Blvd? I was out at my old standby and didn't do too great, tides, weather, and any other excuse as to why I didn't get much. Usually produces well, yesterday was not the norm. Glad you had a good day, tight lines. 
    yes sir! Ive had great success with topwater. Espec for snook and trout. The reds there, I seem to get on jigs - Mirrolure Lil John being my favorite. Like you said on reds, few and far. Last season I did not get my first red of the season until late March there. Did get one of my biggest reds right in front of where you park.... Was walking out at sunset when this beast hit:

That's where I caught the pictured red, maybe 10 ft from the opening. I think I saw you walking in, I was on my way in, I was straight out from the opening. That's where I catch everything. 
    That was me! Around 7:10 I was leaving. I saw you str8 out. There was one other angler wading South about 1/2 mile
    Yup, I keep saying to myself, I'm gonna explore where you were fishing, but I keep catching stuff there, so I have had no reason to move. Maybe I'll see ya out there sometime. Tight lines. 
    Awesome! Keith here... Usually wearing a white visor - Ill fish there quite a bit until it heats up (June) and then start fishing closer to passes.
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,500 Captain
    Nice, good report
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
    Awesome! Keith here... Usually wearing a white visor - Ill fish there quite a bit until it heats up (June) and then start fishing closer to passes.
     I'm Danny, when this wind dies down, I'll be out there again. Got some new flair hawk jigs in from Glad Snooker Jigs, so I'm also gonna hit up some bridges, and try my hand at some big snook. 
  • GeeTeeGeeTee Boca RatonPosts: 96 Greenhorn
    Nice! Thanks for the pic of the kaku, looks good and reviews are pretty good on it too. Pity im not on that side of the coast, i fished Texas bays a lot wading, love the topwater trout bite - like popping for GT`s just on a smaller scale, Love IT!