St. Lucie Power Plant, Intracoastal

Have any of you fished the bases of the power lines that span the Indian River up by the St. Lucie power plant? Seems like a mighty fine spot for sheepshead. Maybe? I've fished the flats the coves there, but always wondered about those platforms...

Replies

• nowinchattnowinchatt Posts: 51 Greenhorn
    It has been a long time, but yes that was the best spot I knew of to target sheeps
  • greenie-slayergreenie-slayer Posts: 733 Officer
    They do hold sheeps but so does just about every dock, channel marker and bridge during the colder month. I really thought those platforms would have better fishing than what they do. Normally just alot of small snapper, and sheeps. If you want bigger sheeps find some structure just off the beach when its calm out.
  • theUtheU The Orlando SewerPosts: 36 Greenhorn
    Don’t waste your time the river is a train wreck from the Orlando Sewer Dumps!
  • KnotikoKnotiko Posts: 36 Greenhorn

I have had days at the powerlines where you cant stop catching fish and other days where it is just small snapper and trash fish.  It really is hit or miss.  They get a lot of pressure.

• mikenavmikenav Posts: 666 Officer

greenie and knotiko, I think you guys summed exactly what was sitting in the back of my mind. they just look soooo good!! But I guess they probably look good to everyone else as well...