WHAT IN THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO THIS FORUM???

It just keeps getting worse and worse!! Now, with this new format, the posts come up 10x larger than the screen. What a pain in the **** to read. And on the right side of the post you get a column of crap that you cant read past. This forum is a vague shadow of it's past self. It's sad!!

2014 Hobie PA14-Dune

Replies

• John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,586 Captain

Everything seem to be normal size on my screen, and the new format is somewhat familiar to other forums I follow. Adds are always annoying, but with time am learning to tune them out. The older we get, the more set in our ways we become, and the more of a PITA it becomes to adopt to someone else's version of "improvements." It is like when Windows does an automatic "upgrade" and suddenly software that worked fine before, stops working well. Maybe you have some other issues ? The forum is not as robust as it once was -- It has been diluted by other forms of social media. On the bright side, I do see new ways of communicating on this revision, and I am thankful that they finally made it so one can upload a photo without first having to shrink it to a smaller size.

• jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,267 Moderator

I may be a mod, but I have no input on the operations of the forum. They went to a different platform to give them better tools for future enhancement and also for better formatting when the forum is viewed on a mobile device (I can attest that this is an improvement).

There's going to be a period of adjustment, and in their defense, the admin did give users almost a week's notice that the forum was going to be revamped.

Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • inshore daveinshore dave Posts: 537 Officer

I have a lot of respect for both of you guys so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and give it a chance. I am very frustrated with the change but maybe John is right...........I do dislike change. We'll see. Thank you both.

2014 Hobie PA14-Dune
  • krashkrash Posts: 578 Officer

Is there an "edit" function ?

I most often post then when reviewing, my way of proof reading, a post need to change something that either I mis-spelled or add some note I forgot or duplicated when rambling on.

I don't see an "editP option any more, only "Flag, Quote, Disagree, Agree, Like, LOL"

Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • Elk ChaserElk Chaser Posts: 172 Deckhand

It works well on an iPad. If you are on some windows based device it sounds like some settings in your machine are fubared

@krash said:
    Is there an "edit" function ?

I most often post then when reviewing, my way of proof reading, a post need to change something that either I mis-spelled or add some note I forgot or duplicated when rambling on.

I don't see an "editP option any more, only "Flag, Quote, Disagree, Agree, Like, LOL"

Top left of your avatar, there is a tiny gear icon, that's where they've hidden the edit button it seems.

• excaliberexcaliber Posts: 13 Greenhorn

I'm seeing the same thing on some posts. The pictures are so large and there's a menu on the right column. I can't figure out how to make it disappear.

• excaliberexcaliber Posts: 13 Greenhorn

Here's an example of it. Maybe it's just my browser

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/discussion/254213/would-you-kayak-here#latest

What browser are y'all using? I use Chrome and haven't had any of the specific display problems you have had.

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,505 Captain

@jcanracer said:
    What browser are y'all using? I use Chrome and haven't had any of the specific display problems you have had.

X2

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 224 Deckhand
    edited March 5 #12
    Compared to the other forums i go to, ive got no complaints. Example thread loaded well, all on screen.
    Miles better than last version, on my phone at least. Had given up on posting pictures last time i was down.
    Probably why i didnt bleed.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
    For some reason it seems to forget who I am every few days or weeks and when I come to visit I don't realize I'm not logged in until I try to reply or figure out why the "New" topics are not hughlighted, even though when I log in I check the "keep me signed in" box...
    Progress is almost always good...
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 4,004 Captain
    No issues at all using chrome. 
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,813 Admin
    As mentioned, try different browsers.  I use Chrome and all looks normal.
    Mark Wilson
    AF1.124213220_sq_thumb_s.jpg
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,562 Captain
    excaliber said:
    Looked right on my computer.  I have had a few of the big ones though.  & a few real tiny ones.
    AC Man said:
    No issues at all using chrome. 
    I also use Chrome 98% of the time.

• nh guynh guy Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Glad I saw this, was a huge PITA using explorer.......Running through Chrome all is right in world again!! B)