Kaku Voodoo

fordmag84fordmag84 Bradenton, Fl Posts: 89 Greenhorn
Just bought a Kaku Voodoo, stepping up from a sundolphin journey 10 ss. Any advice for what I should expect, buy, anything?  I know this is a very open ended question, just want to be ready to use. 

Replies

• John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,578 Captain
    Congrats on your purchase.  Had no idea what it was until I googled it.  Looks like a fun inshore paddle board.  How you set it up will depend on what your main purposes are.  Good luck, look forward to seeing future posts with you enjoying it.  
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 223 Deckhand
    From the reviews ive read in the sun dolphin...you may want to knock the skeg of the paddle board so it tracks similarly.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
  • krashkrash Posts: 577 Officer
    I pretty much use the same stuff on my SUP that I use in the canoe or on a kayak.. same rod/reel setups, crate, pfd although on the SUP i do now use a waist inflatable and wear it, stakeout pole or anchor, same push pole, different paddle. Tying stuff down is a bit different, but same concept.
    I have several, but opt mainly to use an adjustable SUP paddle so I can adjust the length quickly and easily form a standing to sitting position.

If the roto-molded SUPs were much lighter I'd get one.. I currently have a standard SUP that only weighs 34 pounds, compared to 60+ for roto-mold ones, (Vodoo is only 77 pounds), but its not nearly as durable as the roto-mold stuff.

Did you get the newer 2018 model with the track mounted chair ?
    That looks like a good setup for shallow water standup fishing...
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • fordmag84fordmag84 Bradenton, Fl Posts: 89 Greenhorn
    Thanks for
    Thanks for the advice krash.
    From the reviews ive read in the sun dolphin...you may want to knock the skeg of the paddle board so it tracks similarly.
     That was my main problem with the sundolphin, the tracking was awful, I spent more time positioning than I did fishing. It didn't help that I had homemade outriggers on it, but the thing spun more than a merry go round.