Tuesday

Good morning. The midwest is getting hammered. Hope it stays up there.

." why would someone want to be a moderator in the first place?"

"There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

mindyabizness

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Replies

• woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Posts: 2,109 Captain

We have maybe half inch of rain scheduled for this afternoon, and we could use it. Then cool again later in the week.

I think our springtime is a week or 10 days ahead of schedule this year. Even seen Pecan and Hickory trees starting to break leaf buds, and these trees are noted not to put out leaves 'till all danger of a freeze is gone.

Put my hummingbird feeder up yesterday just in case...Hummers show up at our place always between 10 and 12 March, but usually show up on the Coast just below us maybe 4-5 days earlier. Anyone seen any around "Tallandsassy" yet? 

• trout069trout069 Posts: 4,692 Captain
    Good morning 
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 13,051 AG

mornin

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 3,160 Captain
    mornin
  • Geno67Geno67 Posts: 148 Deckhand
    Morning all. Hummingbird feeder up as well. It's a new feeder at a new place so who knows when they'll find it. Have not seen any yet.
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 2,125 Captain
    Good morning.

Clear and cold ... ice on the windshield.

Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee ...
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,791 Captain
    Morn'n, Lost an Uncle yesterday. 95, Last sibling of my Grandfather on the Lawrence side. Was still very active, driving (slow but very well), living alone (buried 2 wives) and dating a fine lady.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 10,163 AG
    mornin
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,559 Captain
    Good afternoon.
    2, 11 hour shifts in a row.
    I slept in today.
    pollen is falling like rain.
    we could use some rain....

Slough, God Bless your uncle.
    My grandfather died at 95 as well.
    They lived a full life! Amen
    God, save the South!
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 13,051 AG

Good afternoon.

Sorry to hear of your loss Slough. He's seen a lot of change for sure..

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 3,410 Moderator
    Wow 95 years old. Just think about what he saw in his lifetime.

." why would someone want to be a moderator in the first place?"

"There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

mindyabizness

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)