Snap Jackets

LouDLouD Posts: 141 Deckhand
I'm considering having "snap jackets" (snapjackets.com)  installed over my dock pilings. These are water tight PVC shells filled with concrete that begin 6 inches below the bottom and extend to the deck surface. They are said to be permanent and don't require cross bracing. Does anyone have experience with this product? 

Replies

• DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,780 Captain
    Funny. I want to do the same. L mailed the business in Jax but haven't received a response. Have you had any contact with any of their vendors ?
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
  • LouDLouD Posts: 141 Deckhand
    Yes. They were very prompt and informative. They were not pushy. After considerationI decided to go with them and they extended a discount. My next door neighbor had them do his dock. they were very professional and neat. Nice bunch of guys. He is very pleased and it looks great. Since the pilings are so strong they need no cross bracing so it looks very clean. Also there are no part parallel to the water that hold trash and are subject to wave action. 

Pricing is based on the length of the piling from the bottom to the deck. Deep docks, like mine, cost as much as $750 for the deep pilings and as little as $300 for the ones that actually are on land. 
    They expect to start within a month.

If you tell them I referred you I can get a referral bonus. 

Contact Doug Beck cell: 904-805-2287
    Will do. Thanks !
    IBEW LU 433
    Bummer. They don't do work in Citrus county...
    IBEW LU 433
  • rumit4rumit4 USAPosts: 18 Greenhorn
    You are left with an uncovered heaping and now will have quickened rot.