Home Off Topic

ICE, ICE Baby

MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,798 Captain
Well looks as if the Oakland mayor, who should be sitting in a Federal prison right now, still didn't stop ICE. Round them all up and send them home!!

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Reports-of-California-immigration-sweep-are-true-12714833.php

Replies

• 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,571 Captain
    Puts a smile on my face!!!
    Jason :USA
  • YnotjaxYnotjax Posts: 472 Deckhand
    I love ICE.  Imagine how life would be without ICE.

younger when I was in Paris ordered a drink, no ICE.  Darn frustrating.

imagine going to the FL keys with no ICE.  That would be bad.
  • Florida Ex-patFlorida Ex-pat Posts: 586 Officer
    CNN is exalting her for her courage.  They feel that ICE, under Trump, is essentially terrorizing minority, foreign groups. 
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 6,246 Admiral
    Heads are asplodin all across the country. It will soon catch on in France. They're getting sick of it as well. Macron is on a roll and stealing our ideas left and right
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    CNN is exalting her for her courage.  They feel that ICE, under Trump, is essentially terrorizing minority, foreign groups. 
    The ones here illegally should be terrorized, ,,,, daily.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,098 AG
    edited February 2018 #7
    MGTeacher said:
    Well looks as if the Oakland mayor, who should be sitting in a Federal prison right now, still didn't stop ICE. Round them all up and send them home!!
    The mayor's lawyers apparently disagree with your legal assessment.

Moving past that, I don't think that it's a good use of resources to round anyone up and throw them out (except the violent/dangerous).

Perhaps we should also go after those who hire these immigrants, as just about all of them are here for a job.

Other than your loathing, why always focus on the shiny immigrant objects?  ;)
  • Florida Ex-patFlorida Ex-pat Posts: 586 Officer
    MGTeacher said:

Moving past that, I don't think that it's a good use of resources to round anyone up and throw them out (except the violent/dangerous).

Perhaps we should also go after those who hire these immigrants, as just about all of them are here for a job.

Illegal immigration should be addressed because we cannot continue to be a pressure relief valve for so many countries indefinitely.  The people that come tend to be low income and uneducated and while there is no shame in that it tends to have an impact on things like public education and healthcare, expensive impacts.  Since simply stating it is illegal to come has done little to impact illegal immigration then having random roundups and deportations may have some impact.  The current system for preventing illegal immigration is not working, we cannot simply ignore and accept it.  And I agree we should be arresting and prosecuting those that hire them.  I have been told this is difficult because of the number of fraudulent work visas and the use of stolen social security numbers, but who cares about a little identity theft, they need jobs right?
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 14,063 AG
    Shiny lawbreaking objects! 
      Moving past that, the mayors lawyers have a job to do, and disinformation is one of them. If you quote a defense lawyer as preaching gospel you could be a bit too gullible.
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    edited February 2018 #10
    MGTeacher said:

Please show proof they are rounding up anyone but the violent and dangerous!  

Please provide the names of companies that hire "these immigrants".  Every business that I know who use Mexican and Latino workers are all in compliance with laws and the employees have the required documents.    
    edited March 2018 #11
    Finfinder said:
    MGTeacher said:

Please show proof they are rounding up anyone but the violent and dangerous!  

Please provide the names of companies that hire "these immigrants".  Every business that I know who use Mexican and Latino workers are all in compliance with laws and the employees have the required documents.    
    Sure.  From the article: 

"Agency officials, who had remained silent about the operation for three days, said in a written statement that they arrested people in cities including San Francisco, Bay Point, Sacramento and Stockton, and that half of those arrested had criminal convictions, including for violent crimes."

As for the companies, if you'd like to take a drive out to Ruskin I can point them out to you.  But let's be honest, nobody really looks hard at the paperwork, or cares if they were forged, and 'compliance' in this regard is a joke.  They know who will hire and who will not from word of mouth -- construction, restaurants, agriculture, landscaping, hotels, etc..  It's so easy about 8 million of them are employed -- and practically nothing is done about it.

But don't be distracted from the shiny immigrant object.
    You haven't proved a thing try again.  
    Shiny lawbreaking object.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,999 Admiral
    edited March 2018 #14
    "They" will never prosecute one of "their" own, the Mayor.

How are those FBI investigations of Hillary, and countless others of her type, going again?
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
    A lawyers job is to figure out how to get his client around the law.
    Tight Lines, Steve

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,830 Admiral

surfman said:
    "They" will never prosecute on of "their" own, the Mayor.

How are those FBI investigations of Hillary, and countless others of her type, going again? 

We have initiated the appropriate process that will ensure complaints against this Department will be fully and fairly acted upon if necessary. As long as I am the attorney general, I will continue to discharge my duties with integrity and honor, and this department will continue to do its work in a fair and impartial manner according to the law and Constitution.

Sessions

• mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Trying to figure out why some here have so much sympathy for illegal aliens?
    DB, we will see....
    Tight Lines, Steve

edited March 2018 #19
    Finfinder said:
    Tell me what this means, Fin:

"About half of the individuals arrested also have criminal convictions in addition to their immigration violations, including convictions for assault/battery, crimes against children, weapons charges and DUI."

Could it mean the other half had no criminal convictions or violent crimes and their only crime is that of immigration law?

You know, the think you seem to be denying, but is immediately obvious to anyone who can read.

You can read it in ICE's own words, here:

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ice-statement-immigration-enforcement-activities-northern-california

QED.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,987 AG
    Votes for their side.
    edited March 2018 #21
    Because I don't hate people for the color of their skin, the language they speak, or their willingness to leave their home in search of a better life.

How about you?
    Because I don't hate people for the color of their skin, the language they speak, or their willingness to leave their home in search of a better life.

How about you?
    You haven’t made any statement that anyone else here hasn’t made. But that’s only because you are ignoring the fact that laws were broken.
    edited March 2018 #23
    I'm not ignoring anything.  I'm just not using the "fact that laws were broken" to justify my dislike of immigrants.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,987 AG
    I have no problem with legal immigrants. Illegal immigrants be shown the door and kept out.
    I'm not ignoring anything.  I'm just not using the "fact that laws were broken" to justify my dislike of immigrants.
    What part of illegal immigrant do you not understand?l
    I understand it just fine.

What part of using it as an excuse to justify distaste do you not understand?

Do you often judge people you've never met?
    edited March 2018 #27
    Finfinder said:

"About half of the individuals arrested also have criminal convictions in addition to their immigration violations, including convictions for assault/battery, crimes against children, weapons charges and DUI."

Could it mean the other half had no criminal convictions or violent crimes and their only crime is that of immigration law?

You know, the think you seem to be denying, but is immediately obvious to anyone who can read.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ice-statement-immigration-enforcement-activities-northern-california

QED.

Finfinder said:

QED.
     So which is it you're just deliberately being obtuse and argumentative or your reading comprehension is  such that you read the article and come away from it thinking that ICE is just rounding up indiscriminately.   By the way can you agree  that they are  here illegally and have already broken the law anyways.   The article goes further on to say that it's mostly the dangerous, violent and problematic ones now doesn't it ?   Or do you want to pretend like no one else on the form read your article? .  Just because someone was arrested doesn't mean they were deported.  
  • MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,798 Captain

Here we go. Disagree and be labeled. It's the "left" way of doing things.
    Riiiiight, that’s a rather large hair you’re trying to split.
  • evernicevernic Posts: 797 Officer
    MGTeacher said:

Illegal immigration should be addressed because we cannot continue to be a pressure relief valve for so many countries indefinitely.  The people that come tend to be low income and uneducated and while there is no shame in that it tends to have an impact on things like public education and healthcare, expensive impacts.  Since simply stating it is illegal to come has done little to impact illegal immigration then having random roundups and deportations may have some impact.  The current system for preventing illegal immigration is not working, we cannot simply ignore and accept it.  And I agree we should be arresting and prosecuting those that hire them.  I have been told this is difficult because of the number of fraudulent work visas and the use of stolen social security numbers, but who cares about a little identity theft, they need jobs right?
    not only do they impact education and health care...add, welfare, food stamps, subsidised housing...to a total in 2016 of $29Billion!!!
    2802 Trophy WA, 2x225Merc EFI's...sunk unamed storm 12-09looking for boat #10

I judge people by there illegal actions, absolutely!! Lots of people come here legally, why are the illegal immigrants being justified in doing it illegally?