Medical marijuana card

2

Replies

  • HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain

    @bocapup1 said:
    My doctor says 30 days after they get your application and I received email with a password but check hasn’t been cashed?
    **** I’m in serious pain and I chew up aleve with combination of ibuprofen 800 and have to wait months or eat Percocet :(

    Do you do a lot of stretching each and everyday, early in the morning ? It helps, I know it don't fix things, but should help... What kind of fishing ? Do you take breaks and stretch out at all ? My back will hurt after about 1.5 hours on my feet casting, reeling, all I have to do is sit down, do some toe touches, twist a little and am good for another hour or so... Takes 5 minutes, but worth it.

  • Drop off your CWP before you pick up your MMC!

  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,206 Admin

    @bocapup1 said:
    Tarpon 65 which dispensary are you getting the medicine from?
    My doctor said a new one opened up in lake worth ?
    5 weeks is not that bad but I’m counting the days

    Pup, Curaleaf just opened in LW at 1125 N Dixie Hwy.
    Nice place, they joined our Chamber of Commerce and we were there for the opening.

    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,278 AG

    @[email protected] Special said:
    Drop off your CWP before you pick up your MMC!

    Yep.....

    We all know pot doesn't help with physical pain. Just a way to smoke legal with the card.

    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 7,955 Admiral

    Marijuana does NOT cure pain. Not at all. Zero. Anyone who says it does is an idiot.

    23895.gif
  • BryanCBryanC Posts: 621 Officer

    THC - the part that gets you high - does not cure pain.
    CBD - another cannabis compound - has been shown to be effective as an anti-inflammatory and has other medical potential as well. It does not get you high.

    Street weed is generally high in THC and low in CBD, and therefore not particularly useful for pain control.

    If Florida is serious about marijuana for medical purposes only, they could restrict the sales to things containing CBD only, or things that have a high ratio of CBD to THC.

  • Conchy CritterConchy Critter Posts: 1,164 Officer

    @BryanC said:
    CBD - another cannabis compound - has been shown to be effective as an anti-inflammatory and has other medical potential as well. It does not get you high.

    Street weed is generally high in THC and low in CBD, and therefore not particularly useful for pain control.

    Very true and by being an anti-inflammatory it acts as a painkiller for some. Kratom can also provide similar relief.

  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,499 Captain

    @Conchy Critter said:

    @BryanC said:
    CBD - another cannabis compound - has been shown to be effective as an anti-inflammatory and has other medical potential as well. It does not get you high.

    Street weed is generally high in THC and low in CBD, and therefore not particularly useful for pain control.

    Very true and by being an anti-inflammatory it acts as a painkiller for some. Kratom can also provide similar relief.

    The kratom they're banning that stuff.

  • bocapup1bocapup1 Posts: 737 Officer

    got the card and very happy with the state of Florida :)
    thanks again Florida happy happy

  • Conchy CritterConchy Critter Posts: 1,164 Officer

    @stc1993 said:

    @Conchy Critter said:

    @BryanC said:

    The kratom they're banning that stuff.

    They haven't yet.

  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,550 Admiral

    Are you all willing to give up ownership of your guns to get marijuana card ?

  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,017 Admiral

    Don't need a card and to answer your question no.

  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,550 Admiral

    @Resinhead said:
    Don't need a card and to answer your question no.

    hence the topic of this thread

  • snipes27snipes27 Posts: 86 Greenhorn
    Fish Haid said:

    Marijuana does NOT cure pain. Not at all. Zero. Anyone who says it does is an idiot.

    See its close minded people like you, that are keeping people from getting non-narcotic help with pain... It actually does, and i am living proof of it... I have degenerative disc disease, my discs between L3-L4 and L4-L5 are going away... 83-85 and 78-80 respectfully... Opiates do nothing except make me a **** zombie, they do nothing for the burning pain in my hips and legs, or the feeling like at times like my hips are being crushed between a car and a brick wall... 

    now that being said, certain strains do nothing but get you high... that's not what i am prescribed... i have two different strains to use... one in the morning that is nearly zero thc... no high feeling at all, but helps with the pain more then any med could... then one at night that has a more 50-50 mix of cbd and thc and that helps so that i am able to actually sleep at night... 

    so your comments are invalid, and move on. 
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,049 AG
    Those of you with back pain,,, ask your DR about an ablation procedure. I have one every six months for pain related to a serious fall and sunsequent surgical procedures several years back. It does wonders.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,156 Captain
    Fish Haid said:

    Marijuana does NOT cure pain. Not at all. Zero. Anyone who says it does is an idiot.

    You really couldn’t be more wrong. Maybe do some research before you start calling people idiots
    You should have been here yesterday
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,550 Admiral
    still have to give up your guns to have a MMC
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,156 Captain
    Finfinder said:
    still have to give up your guns to have a MMC
    Absolutely not true. I know a doctor with a ccl, a DEA license and a MMC
    You should have been here yesterday
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 1,518 Moderator
    edited March 1 #50
    There is conflict between state law and federal law in this case. However, it is unlikely the feds would do the research to bring about any charges. And you are not required by state law to give up your guns to get a MMC.
    "That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

    Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
  • Ron@.38 Special[email protected] Special Posts: 6,780 Admiral
    There is conflict between state law and federal law in this case. However, it is unlikely the feds would do the research to bring about any charges. And you are not required by state law to give up your guns to get a MMC.
    NOT YET!
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,550 Admiral
    Finfinder said:
    still have to give up your guns to have a MMC
    Absolutely not true. I know a doctor with a ccl, a DEA license and a MMC
    Absolutely ? http://www.flkeysnews.com/news/local/article193039509.html 
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,156 Captain
    Finfinder said:
    Finfinder said:
    still have to give up your guns to have a MMC
    Absolutely not true. I know a doctor with a ccl, a DEA license and a MMC
    Absolutely ? http://www.flkeysnews.com/news/local/article193039509.html 
    I don’t know what to tell you. I know a doctor with a valid concealed carry license, a valid dea license and a valid mmc
    You should have been here yesterday
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 1,518 Moderator
    There is conflict between state law and federal law in this case. However, it is unlikely the feds would do the research to bring about any charges. And you are not required by state law to give up your guns to get a MMC.
    NOT YET!

    I can hear those black helicopter blades whirring.
    "That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

    Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 5,671 Admiral
    There is conflict between state law and federal law in this case. However, it is unlikely the feds would do the research to bring about any charges. And you are not required by state law to give up your guns to get a MMC.
    NOT YET!

    I can hear those black helicopter blades whirring.
    “Take the guns first, go through due process second,”
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 1,518 Moderator
    I hear ya!!
    "That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

    Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 770 Officer
    California has their illegal immigrants , Florida has armed stoners. I mean armed medicated citizens.
  • PharmaMEDCANPharmaMEDCAN texasPosts: 2 Greenhorn
    Heatwave said:

    @bocapup1 said:
    My doctor says 30 days after they get your application and I received email with a password but check hasn’t been cashed?
    **** I’m in serious pain and I chew up aleve with combination of ibuprofen 800 and have to wait months or eat Percocet :(

    Do you do a lot of stretching each and everyday, early in the morning ? It helps, I know it don't fix things, but should help... What kind of fishing ? Do you take breaks and stretch out at all ? My back will hurt after about 1.5 hours on my feet casting, reeling, all I have to do is sit down, do some toe touches, twist a little and am good for another hour or so... Takes 5 minutes, but worth it.

    Is really nice to notice you are interested on this theme. We support medical cannabis development by offering academic and certified education, breakin' all the stigmas that surround it.
    We are Compassion, Education and Future! 
  • PharmaMEDCANPharmaMEDCAN texasPosts: 2 Greenhorn
    nuevowavo said:

    @bocapup1 said:
    Tarpon 65 which dispensary are you getting the medicine from?
    My doctor said a new one opened up in lake worth ?
    5 weeks is not that bad but I’m counting the days

    Pup, Curaleaf just opened in LW at 1125 N Dixie Hwy.
    Nice place, they joined our Chamber of Commerce and we were there for the opening.

    Is really nice to notice you are interested on this theme. We support medical cannabis development by offering academic and certified education, breakin' all the stigmas that surround it.
    We are Compassion, Education and Future! 
  • frankfrank Posts: 12,730 AG
    just for clarification 
    are the folks that say the government can't make laws denying folks guns the same folks that are saying folks have no rights to a plant ?
    or if they can have the plant, or medication derived from the plant they can't have guns?
    are these the don't tread on me folks, just asking 
    No political signature
  • Florida Ex-patFlorida Ex-pat Posts: 500 Deckhand
    frank said:
    just for clarification 
    are the folks that say the government can't make laws denying folks guns the same folks that are saying folks have no rights to a plant ?
    or if they can have the plant, or medication derived from the plant they can't have guns?
    are these the don't tread on me folks, just asking 

    Not sure but one is covered in the constitution and one is a banned substance on the federal levels currently.  I for one am an advocate for the safe and legal use of both (but not at the same time).   What is your stance?  Or do you simply like to troll for others' opinions?
2
Sign In or Register to comment.