Why do you keep doing this?

Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,439 AG

Every two years, someone has the bright idea of using a new platform to host the forum. You have managed to make it almost unusable and not worth the effort for some people.

If this was not free, you would have no users. I just don't get it.

Vote for the other candidate

Replies

• frankfrank Posts: 12,730 AG

I disagreed

No political signature
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,499 Captain

Me too, I like this forum a lot better than the old one.

• WelwoodWelwood Posts: 745 Officer
    edited February 14 #4

If you're having problems.....just ask Gary. (AG) :)

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,760 Captain

Why are u still here?

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway. nj
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,463 Admiral

Change is difficult for old people set in there ways. When he was younger he had to post uphill both ways in the snow with no shoes. Get off his lawn!

Captain Todd Approves

• Gary SGary S Posts: 770 Officer

My only complaint is the whats new button is gone. I am not going to go through the entire fourm to see whats new. The whats new button showed me.

• GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,474 Admiral

I always thought Mister-Jr and Frank were the same guy?

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • frankfrank Posts: 12,730 AG

@GA Fin said:
    I always thought Mister-Jr and Frank were the same guy?

Nope

@Gary S said:
    My only complaint is the whats new button is gone. I am not going to go through the entire fourm to see whats new. The whats new button showed me.

if you go to menu->threads it shows all the new active threads

No political signature
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,474 Admiral

Frank and Bella the same guy?

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,232 Captain
    edited February 14 #11

Yep, and I get told I have to load new software cause my browser doesn't work with the new format. rats.

oh yea and don't forget all the pop up blocker software I gotta load too, no wonder my computer locks up. :(

Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,017 Admiral

@Mister-Jr said:
    Every two years, someone has the bright idea of using a new platform to host the forum. You have managed to make it almost unusable and not worth the effort for some people.

Lots of other forums out there. Why don't you ask your buddy menzies where he took off to and go there and hang out with him. You two seem like two peas in a pod anyways.

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,439 AG

Florida sells about 1.8 million fishing licenses a year. How many regular posters do we have here? 200?

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,554 Admiral

@Mister-Jr said:
    Florida sells about 1.8 million fishing licenses a year. How many regular posters do we have here? 200?

we get some seasonal ones from up north too.

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,554 Admiral

@Mister-Jr said:

we get some seasonal ones from up north too.

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,463 Admiral
    edited February 14 #16

@frank said:

@Gary S said:

if you go to menu->threads it shows all the new active threads

That's correct it is poorly labeled. it should read New Posts, New Threads or even just New if space is a concern.

@Mister-Jr said:

I don't even fish, what does that have to do with anything?

Captain Todd Approves

• HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain

@Mister-Jr said:

Why does any business do anything ? Is it because they want to take care of people ? Make things better ? Or make more money, lower costs... They have to do what is best for the Business. Otherwise business goes away and so does the forum. With time no one will care, that goes for EVERYTHING. Time heals all problems...

Look at the suffering here for 8 years 2008 -2016. That is a long time for some to look up to something they don't like. But now, those same guys are pigs in ****... Rollin in that bonus money, huge cuts for a couple years, Budget WHAT ? Who needs a budget NOW !

Same thing will happen here. The Bugs will get worked out and all will be fine. The only thing we lose is time... The basis of everything.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain

@mplspug said:
    Change is difficult for old people set in there ways. When he was younger he had to post uphill both ways in the snow with no shoes. Get off his lawn!

LMAO- Was actually like that for years, then you cross a point where you just DGAS

• @Mister-Jr said:

Only about 15 post fishing reports!

• Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,472 AG

Same as last change.
    If you took away all the posts complaing about the"new, Improved" format there wouldn't be much content.
    Once again FS has shot itself in the foot.

THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,833 Captain

Does anyone know why pictures are HUGE and a drop down menu is covering them up on a desktop?
    This new layout does suck, it is a pain to read

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,278 AG

I think most of the old functions are still her, they are just hid in places that we don't know about. It didn't help that there was no instructions on where to find what....

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 24,017 AG

I like the new forum.

Mini Mart Magnate

• WelwoodWelwood Posts: 745 Officer
    edited February 14 #24

@cadman said:
    I like the new forum.

I would hope so,........with all the extra privileges that an "AG" gets. :)

@ferris1248 said:

@Mister-Jr said:

Then why don't you go somewhere else? You whine, you complain, gripe, yet you return. I don't get why you are even here.

Must be a sore spot for you. Was this mess your idea?

@ferris1248 said:

@Mister-Jr said:

What's your point? Why don't you make it 199?

Can I trade you in for Gary S Colecchio? At least he was smart.

• fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,049 AG

Would say that FS is a shadow of it’s former self. That would be a massive understatement however.

ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 7,039 Admiral

@Mister-Jr said:

@ferris1248 said:

@Mister-Jr said:

Speaking in riddles and innuendos doesn’t make one smart. And anyone that feels that is brilliance has been educated into stupidity.

@dave44 said:

@Mister-Jr said:

@ferris1248 said:

@Mister-Jr said:

Speaking in riddles and innuendos doesn’t make one smart. And anyone that feels that is brilliance has been educated into stupidity.

You didn't understand half the stuff he posted, did you?

• dave44dave44 Posts: 7,039 Admiral

@Mister-Jr said:

@dave44 said:

@Mister-Jr said:

@ferris1248 said:

@Mister-Jr said:

Lol, your so upper atmosphere!

@dave44 said:

@Mister-Jr said:

@dave44 said:

@Mister-Jr said:

@ferris1248 said:

@Mister-Jr said:

Lol, your so upper atmosphere!

Compared to some, that's correct.