Shawn White Got the US Another Gold Medal Last Night

Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,191 Admiral

These snowboarding guys, and gals, have balls of steel. Shawn, at 31 years old, had to lay down a near perfect run in last night's half pipe in order to take over, and win, the gold medal from the Japanese competitor. The U.S. is up to third place in the medal count, trailing Germany and the Netherlands.

Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway

Replies

• mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,572 Admiral

I hope the little Aussi chick is okay. She ate it face first!
    Your right, the snowboarding is the best part of the Olympics.

2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,609 Captain

One guy from Japan had to be taken off on a stretcher last night. I'm sure there is a video somewhere on the web.

My Favorite Smile Is Vertical
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,463 Admiral

What's an Olympics?

Captain Todd Approves

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,017 Admiral

That last run of his was insane. I've skied since I was in elementary school and have switched to snowboarding in the last 5 or 6 years. I'm more of a blue run cruiser. There is rarely air under my board unless riding the lift. Both of my sons prefer boarding as well. It's fun.

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,499 Captain

@Tarpon65 said:
    These snowboarding guys, and gals, have balls of steel. Shawn, at 31 years old, had to lay down a near perfect run in last night's half pipe in order to take over, and win, the gold medal from the Japanese competitor. The U.S. is up to third place in the medal count, trailing Germany and the Netherlands.

I just read about it. They are raising cane about him dragging the flag in the snow & stepping on it after he won. Over 13K comments.