LED Lightbar

ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,017 Admiral

Picked up a 93 Mazda B2600i 4x4 for a hunt camp truck last week. Looking to put a wide (48" +/-) lightbar on top of the cab and a couple smaller pods in the back for backup lights.

Amazon has hundreds of different manufacturers.

Anyone have a certain brand that they recommend?

Replies

• GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,736 Admin

I find many of the cheaper $30 ish work just fine. Just don’t turn them on in the city. Seems a bunch of yahoos think they’re for road use.

The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,017 Admiral

The pickup wont be registered. Strickly an off road hunt camp truck. I have a couple small 5" cheap ones ($20 for the pair) that I put on my kids Polaris and they're pretty bright but looking for something brighter.

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 10,281 AG
    edited February 14 #4

I got this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WE47FVM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A year in and it's still going strong -- on my boat. Ridiculously bright, by the way.

• PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,282 AG
    edited February 14 #5

**** yahoos!

• CyclistCyclist Posts: 22,783 AG

Keep in mind you will likely get some wicked glare of your hood if mounted on the roof.

133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,554 Admiral

@Griz said:
    I find many of the cheaper $30 ish work just fine. Just don’t turn them on in the city. Seems a bunch of yahoos think they’re for road use.

I love those guys. IDK if they think it adds 30hp by bolting it on or what. If someone is going to really use it for offroad purposes like the OP then that's fine. Other than that I see them as a doosh assessory

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    edited February 14 #8

Agreed. I have a neighbor that the husband, wife, daughter and son all have huge light bars on their roof and their glowing every time they come into the neighborhood

@Resinhead said:
    Agreed. I have a neighbor that the husband, wife, daughter and son all have huge light bars on their roof and their glowing every time they come into the neighborhood

OOOWeee look at me I'm Bright and Shiny!

LOL

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

@Soda Popinski said:

@Resinhead said:

LOL

Well, they did have a I'm with her sign in their yard last November

@Resinhead said:

@Soda Popinski said:

@Resinhead said:

LOL

Well, they did have a I'm with her sign in their yard last November

Why the hell would you put a light bar on a prius?

edited February 14 #12

No Prius but three very small pickups and a jeep

• Knight9598Knight9598 MrrayPosts: 9 Greenhorn

@Polar said:
    **** yahoos!

so beautiful^^

• PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,282 AG

thanks!

• IndigoIndigo Posts: 969 Officer

Wurton
    Hella 350mm (youtube it)
    Osram
    or anything with Cree led's. The spot/flood combo works well on the longer bars.

Stay around 200 watts or less to avoid dead batteries.

I put 2 of the 18w hella value fit lights on the golf cart. Great lights for the $$$.