This is scary bleep right here

frankfrank Posts: 12,725 AG

this guy had a brain eating parasitic worm living in his eye!!!!

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/exclusive-brain-eating-worm-grows-in-florida-mans-eye

No political signature

Replies

• treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 2,851 Captain

He didn't see that coming

We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 22,777 AG

****, my nephew cooked delicious rare pork chops the other day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,542 Admiral

Maybe it wasn't from the pork.....says in the article there are 2 ways to get it.

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,155 Captain

I was under the impression that since we’ve bred trichomomas out of domestic pork it was ok to eat rare or med rare pork. From what I understand, it’s more common where human feces gets to where pigs can eat it. Freezing the meat for 5 days will kill it.

You should have been here yesterday

@Saltygatorvet said:
    I was under the impression that since we’ve bred trichomomas out of domestic pork it was ok to eat rare or med rare pork. From what I understand, it’s more common where human feces gets to where pigs can eat it. Freezing the meat for 5 days will kill it.

I was a corporate trainer at Outback for 5 years, we could serve medium rare pork chops if the customer wanted.

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • frankfrank Posts: 12,725 AG

That's crazy
    Beef rare ok, fish raw ok
    But fowl and pork rare or raw, oh he'll no

not that eating swine is ok in any circumstances, but no no no

No political signature
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,097 AG

Just kidding. I love swine!

I may be entitled to compensation.

Ehh, i've bought pork chops from Publix and cooked it on the grill, sliced into it and there was the faintest bit of pink, and kept going. Pork chops should be juicy and tender not dry and leathery. People like to overdo it on em.

Ehh, i've bought pork chops from Publix and cooked it on the grill, sliced into it and there was the faintest bit of pink, and kept going. Pork chops should be juicy and tender not dry and leathery. People like to overdo it on em.

• mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,442 Admiral

I love nature!

Captain Todd Approves

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,498 Captain
    edited February 13 #12

A pork chop has to be pure white on the inside before i'll eat it. "Pork, the other white meat." If it's smoked that'a a different story.

• mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,559 Admiral

Didn’t that happen on a Star Trek episode??

2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
    edited February 13 #14

They ate some pork on an episode?

Captain Todd Approves

Spock loved pork rinds and soured milk.

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,749 Captain

@Soda Popinski said:
    Maybe it wasn't from the pork.....says in the article there are 2 ways to get it.

It was either the pork or the tossed salad......

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway. nj

Also scary

Captain Todd Approves

• Tim FredTim Fred Posts: 99 Greenhorn

Sometimes your dinner eats you.

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,016 Admiral

Boston Dynamics is killing it in robotics. I have a cousin who's a systems engineer there and says he hopes to never work anywhere else.

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,375 Admiral

Dang..So I took a couple early morning dumps at my hog spot in the woods....are they still safe to eat..just in case they might have visited the steaming piles that night.
    Guess I could look at lt like Recycling...winning...

Killin and Grillin :grin
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,498 Captain

Another story a different kind of worm. This one comes from flies. She pulled 14 out of one eye.

http://www.walb.com/story/37488285/14-worms-pulled-from-womans-eye-after-rare-infection

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,016 Admiral

Jesus...

@Turner River Terror said:
    Dang..So I took a couple early morning dumps at my hog spot in the woods....are they still safe to eat..just in case they might have visited the steaming piles that night.
    Guess I could look at lt like Recycling...winning...

always keep a roll of tp in the truck for just such an emergency

• Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,113 Captain

@mustang190 said:
    Didn’t that happen on a Star Trek episode??

There sure as heck was an old Twilight Zone episode that had something like that.

"If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke

I thought there was a part where Zulu or someone like him had a roach looking thing go into his ear and ate his brain???

• SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,097 AG

@mustang190 said:
    I thought there was a part where Zulu or someone like him had a roach looking thing go into his ear and ate his brain???

I may be entitled to compensation.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 7,031 Admiral

@mustang190 said:

I think it was the Russian? Checkov?

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,439 AG

I eat nothing but potato chips and cheese, I guess I'm safe.

Vote for the other candidate
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,662 Captain

I did a pork tenderloin a couple days ago marinated and basted with too many Asian ingredients to list, grilled to a light pink in the middle, about 145 degrees and it was awesome. I have no fear.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• dave44dave44 Posts: 7,031 Admiral

@Mister-Jr said:

Your girlfriend may be contagious though. Make sure you know what she is eating when you aren’t around.

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,439 AG

@dave44 said:

@Mister-Jr said:

Your girlfriend may be contagious though. Make sure you know what she is eating when you aren’t around.

Dave makes an attempt a cleverness but fails.

Vote for the other candidate