What have you been tying (pt. 2)

1303132333436»

Replies

• SkiffmanBPKSkiffmanBPK Posts: 28 Greenhorn
    Big snook fly. Marabou tail with body/collar made of palmered rabbit strip. Head with 3D eyes and uv epoxy.

Large crab imitation for tarpon and big permit floating In the channels.0b0c6114bd2a939a3e07f069d61859c2.jpg0b1d67e88e0c95d4fde77293f9e32d64.jpgf3ee435436f6309fa27308a8ea53e761.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
  • Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,249 Captain

Trying new popper heads.

• TgrassTgrass Posts: 204 Deckhand
    One of my favorite Snook flies .
  • mnigromnigro Posts: 70 Greenhorn
    Tgrass said:
    SF fiber?
  • greenie-slayergreenie-slayer Posts: 727 Officer
  • TgrassTgrass Posts: 204 Deckhand
    mnigro said:
    Tgrass said:
    SF fiber?
    Yes, Hot Orange and Optic White, there is some flash tucked in between the two colors.
  • mnigromnigro Posts: 70 Greenhorn
    Tgrass said:
    mnigro said:
    Tgrass said:
    SF fiber?
    Yes, Hot Orange and Optic White, there is some flash tucked in between the two colors.
    Thanks 
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,784 Admin
    That would be awesome on the flats in the Bahamas!
    Mark Wilson
    AF1.124213220_sq_thumb_s.jpg
    That would be awesome on the flats in the Bahamas!
    Bonnet-buster. I could tie some bone-sized, but they'd probably choke on that one. #2, roughly the size of a quarter.

#8 bonefish bitters ready for Turneffe Flats, Belize in August

#8 bonefish bitters ready for Turneffe Flats, Belize in August
      It's been so long since I've seen those tied properly that I didn't recognize the pattern, lol. Nice work!
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 2,905 Captain
    Very nice work on that old pattern... Along with them you might want to cobble up a few more - without eyes or head ("blind bitters"), so that they land quietly as possible for really shallow, spooky fish that shy away from regular bitters.  Bitters work some days - then not on others,  strictly depending on the fish and how nervous they are that day...
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
    Very nice work on that old pattern... Along with them you might want to cobble up a few more - without eyes or head ("blind bitters"), so that they land quietly as possible for really shallow, spooky fish that shy away from regular bitters.  Bitters work some days - then not on others,  strictly depending on the fish and how nervous they are that day...
    Bob I tied some with bead chain and I made another batch with plastic eyes like you'd use on a tarpon toad. Even tied a couple bigger #4s incase the permit like them too. 

ODC idk if I tied the properly yet. I guess I will find out come August when the bones either eat them up or give me the cold shoulder