Marquesas trip

My friends and I are considering a Marquesas trip in the summer. We plan on taking 2 boats heading out of Key West. A 23 and 25 foot walk around. Looking for some help. Best ramp to use in Key West. The best route to take and how long is the trip in miles and time. Best ares to fish. We like reef fishing for tails and grouper. Are there any closed areas there? Should we plan on spending the night or make it a day trip? We will trailer down from our place in Key Largo so coming back after a day should be doable. All suggestions will be appreciated.

Replies

• Egrets LandingEgrets Landing Posts: 934 Officer

Its only 45 mins from KW. Its a day trip for most. Go through the Lakes or run the outside on the south.

• piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 3,055 Captain

e.z. - do it all the time in my custom boat- cherterboat row ramp= e.z. summer day trip = good- JUST DON'T GO IF THERE IS EVEN A REMOTE CHANCE OF A LIGHTNING STORM. there is absolutely no place to hide!!! also - i have some KILLER wreck sites there fro nice muttons- pm me for more!

28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ilive2fishIlive2fish Posts: 248 Deckhand

thank you for the responses.....will follow up as we get closer and if it looks like we will be able to do it.....

• bodaciousbodacious Posts: 12 Greenhorn

I have made the trip several times, nice trip on the inside and have stayed at the harbor side hotel. they have docks to keep your boat. if you'd like another boat on the trip send me a message.

• Ilive2fishIlive2fish Posts: 248 Deckhand

Thanks.....still in the preliminary stages....

• triplejstriplejs Posts: 197 Deckhand

I would also like to go so if you want yet another boat let me know also. I guess there are some safety in numbers

• heavychevy15heavychevy15 Posts: 837 Officer

Worth the trip. We have done the day trip driving trailering from Homestead around 3am and fishing all day and then getting back home around midnight. Definitely a special place. I highly recommend doing the trip.