Sing strand wire stinger storage ?

flknifemakerflknifemaker Posts: 113 Deckhand

How is everyone keeping their wire rigs with stingers stored? Seems like every time I need to unwrap one off a leader spool something gets whacky!?

Replies

• pk911pk911 Posts: 248 Deckhand

With use a beer coolly. Put treble on inside of Coolly and bury point in the foam. Coil up wire and put it inside. If wire is attached to mono leader wrap all together.

• MakoLogicMakoLogic Posts: 613 Officer

I use a binder similar to the link below with the ziplock sleeves in them, 2-3 leaders per, keeps them from getting saltwater on them as well and rusting if you forget to hose them off after a trip.

https://tackledirect.com/shimano-abwb310bk-baraja-worm-tackle-binder.html

Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
    www.makologic.com
    [email protected]

Formerly TxToFl...
  • FlfjackFlfjack Posts: 646 Officer

pool noodles work well

East Boynton
    IG jack.bbi
  • FISHFULL THINKINGFISHFULL THINKING Posts: 13 Greenhorn

I put them in a gallon storage bag and keep them in a Flambeau tackle box ..

Always... Fishfull Thinking..! :D
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,875 Captain

I do a number of different things.

Sometimes I split a pool noodle & put it around a 1" hand rail tube. In that case, 3 tines go in the noodle & the third goes in a little chunk of noodle that I tear off.

Sometimes I wrap masking tape around the hook, wind the wire into a small loop & stick it in my short pocket. Sometimes those wrapped rigs go in a quart sized zip lock.

My back stock rigs in the boat are usually in a watertight Sterilite box that is kept under the console.

My back stock rigs at home usually hang on a pegboard in the garage.

These days I use treble hooks a lot less often. I mostly use a #2/0 live bait hook for a stinger. I find them easier to deal with & my hookup ratio isn't a whole lot different.

• JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,875 Captain

2 tines go in the noodle, not 3. I can
    t seem to find the edit button in the new page format