Got my new 4 rod holder in

SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,892 Admiral

I got my new 4 rod holder in for my PDL, to go along with my 3 new G Loomis E6X rods and I hope to get to use them tomorrow. Also try out the new rod rack from yellow dog kayaks.There is a 90 % chance of storms and rain, so I will set back and see what happens.

Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Replies

• SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,892 Admiral

Here is a picture of the rod holders I am fixing to install!

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,271 Moderator

That's a pretty neat setup, do the rods fit ok in there with different size & style reels?

Hobie Kayak angler for life!

@jcanracer said:
    That's a pretty neat setup, do the rods fit ok in there with different size & style reels?

All of mine fit well, I'm sure some of my offshore stuff wouldn't though! But that is ok too, because I have not mustered up the nerve to wander offshore yet. I need to get real comfortable before I even remotely think about it.

• GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 595 Officer

That looks pretty cool....where did you get it? Was it hard to install?

@Garysmo said:
    That looks pretty cool....where did you get it? Was it hard to install?

Got it at yellow dog kayak and just unscrew the factory plates and just screw on these plates. Ezpz, took me all of a minute.

I posted a picture of my yak when I was launching with rack installed, and a picture of a red I caught but it is awaiting approval!

• krashkrash Posts: 587 Officer

@Spineyman said:
    I posted a picture of my yak when I was launching with rack installed, and a picture of a red I caught but it is awaiting approval!

Spiney, are you uploading your photos directly here ?

Why not upload them to another hosting site and use the url link to post here and/or other places.. if you have FB you can post them there and then grab the url there to cross post.

Old Fugger who just likes to fish

They just started doing this a few days ago, and why I ask. This is nothing more than another coffin nail! It is utter ignorance if you want people to participate to build a forum but their their hands in the process. I'll just stick with my facebook friends and a local forum. Thanks for the suggestion though.

This was Saturday! I caught 20 Trout, 2 Reds, and 4 Lady Fish...

• John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,651 Captain

@Spineyman said:
    This was Saturday! I caught 20 Trout, 2 Reds, and 4 Lady Fish...

Congrats on a good day of fishing, Might have been better to make this a separate post, as believe there might be a few questions unrelated to the original topic, like Where were you fishing ?

In a bayou really close to my house. 15 minutes and I am in the water. I live in the Destin area. Where are you located?

• John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,651 Captain

Fort Lauderdale

Ft Walton Beach Fl.