Buck Lake WMA Turkey 2016

What's up guys and gals -

I've got a permit for Buck Lake WMA for the upcoming turkey season and it'll be my first time hunting turkey out there. I went out during small game and and hog season to hunt and do a little scouting. I didn't see any birds, and found minimal, but consistent sign in a few spots. Has anyone turkey hunted that WMA previously that's willing to share if it's any good or if there was a ton of pressure? I'm just curious if there's been any traditionally well producing areas on the WMA or if I'm just wasting my time.

Also, if anyone else on here has a 2016 permit for phase 1 PM me. I'm willing to share what I saw while out there over the last couple months and willing to work with you during phase 1 if interested. I'm also willing to share Intel during season with phase 2 permit holders.

Thanks all.

Replies

• DeleriousXDeleriousX Posts: 37 Greenhorn

2 years later and It's my turn. Never been there there before. How did your hunt go? Any advise?

• RockslamRockslam Posts: 72 Greenhorn

I'll be honest and state I don't turkey hunt at all but I've never seen ANY in buck lake while I've been small game and deer hunting out there.

• lookinlookin Posts: 1,255 Officer
    I've seen a few birds in there, but not many.  Good luck.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy