North Gadsden Hunting Lease

I know it's early for this but, I am looking to join a lease in north Gadsden County for the 2018-19 season.
If anybody knows anybody, who knows anybody, etc. about an opening, please let me know.
I sure would appreciate it. Thank you.

Replies

• dewyafishdewyafish Posts: 4,952 Captain
    Never too early to be looking for a good place to hunt.
    There's nothing more enjoyable than suprise morning sex...
    Unless you happen to be in jail at the time.
  • LiveLineLiveLine Wakulla County, FloridaPosts: 1,517 Captain
    Good luck on your search. I used to hunt that area and sure do miss it.
  • BodineBodine Posts: 2,867 Captain
    How about the one across the street from you. Convenient, lots of acres, deer and turkey, and I think you could pick up a bunch of business from those folks.
    F the feds
  • plumbbobplumbbob Posts: 781 Officer
    I talked to a couple of them a couple of years ago. There are over 20 members and they dog hunt.
    It may be a good gig, I don't know. I like it to be about 6-8 members. I'll wait a little bit and if nothing
    comes up, I'll pursue it. I won't have to go far.
    Mark, they have over 4k acres, yea they run dogs on weekends and holidays, the other 5 days a week are quiet. Some good local business owners in that group, could bring business closer to home.
    I know of a block they do not run, where you could hunt to yourself all season.
    F the feds
    Thanks Jeff. I'll check into it.
    They want dog hunters. If I'm not a dog hunter I won't get in.
  • dewyafishdewyafish Posts: 4,952 Captain
    Dog hunting is easy all you need is a good whistle and a two day old fried pork chop.
    There's nothing more enjoyable than suprise morning sex...
    Unless you happen to be in jail at the time.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,278 AG
    Dog hunting has gone to the way side. All they do today is watch their electronics from a heated cab to see where the dogs and hunting partners are.

No whistle or pork chop needed. Just tone the dog and he knows what is coming next if it doesn't stop.....
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    plumbbob wrote: »
    They want dog hunters. If I'm not a dog hunter I won't get in.

So, go run dogs with them 1 day a week, get to know them, some good folks in that club.
    Then climb as many other days as you want.
    Just tell em you want to learn how to run dogs.
    They serve a big lunch every Saturday too, hey, there are folks that just join for the lunch, you can get in.
    It backs right up to us, plenty of deer to shoot, more than you want I promise.

Foo and Miccman, let Mark know if there is a spot next year where you folks are, he is a good egg, I can vouch for him.
    F the feds
    Thank you, Jeff.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,278 AG
    10-4
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    Sometimes I feel like a scrambled egg???
  • bwebbbwebb QuincyPosts: 1 Greenhorn

I recently moved to Gadsden county looking for a hunting club also dog or steel hunt as long as I can archery hunt any help would be greatly appreciated

• skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 2,977 Captain

bwebb, Welcome to the NW Forum!

God, save the South!
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,364 Captain

bwebb, pull up a stool and stay a while.

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 8,672 Admiral

@micci_man said:
    Dog hunting has gone to the way side. All they do today is watch their electronics from a heated cab to see where the dogs and hunting partners are.

No whistle or pork chop needed. Just tone the dog and he knows what is coming next if it doesn't stop.....

No sense giving the dog a warning (wether deer or bird), biddable is all about now..

and safety.

I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.