breakfast in Islamorada

We went to our faviorite on the water breakfast place in Islamorda this am - veiw/anbience wonderfull as always- food not so good-
served cold- eggs / biscut / hash corn beef hash not so good cold- we asked it they could just stick in microwave for 20 seconds - that failed also-
so need a new breakfast near Islamorda- on the water thing is pretty cool-

Replies

  • CaptJCaptJ Posts: 575 Officer

    Where did you eat?

  • fixedratefixedrate Posts: 140 Deckhand

    go to mangrove mikes. not on the water but well worth it.

  • rityrity Posts: 45 Greenhorn

    Yes where did you eat, so we don't make the same mistake.

  • Circle-HookCircle-Hook Posts: 476 Deckhand

    Rather than throw them under the bus let me suggest what we found- Robbie's - yeah the tourist trap- feeding tarpon place-
    They actually have a great breakfast - very diverse menu - generous portions - very good food-
    You got to wade thur the tourist crap - but it is on the water and dang good eats- mile marker 77

  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,719 Captain

    @fixedrate said:
    go to mangrove mikes. not on the water but well worth it.

    Shhhhh.....it's already gotten too hard to get a table. :wink:

  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,465 AG

    @Circle-Hook said:
    Rather than throw them under the bus let me suggest what we found- Robbie's - yeah the tourist trap- feeding tarpon place-
    They actually have a great breakfast - very diverse menu - generous portions - very good food-
    You got to wade thur the tourist crap - but it is on the water and dang good eats- mile marker 77

    Was gonna suggest it.
    Grits and grunt :)

    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • MGDMGD Posts: 1,001 Officer

    We were down in Dec and stayed across from the Green Turtle. My wife wanted to go there for old times sake.
    I had the shrimp and grits and it was probably the best I have ever eaten. Everywhere I go I try them so have had a LOT. They were perfect and a good amount too.

  • greenbonegreenbone Posts: 79 Greenhorn

    Midway, a little breakfast and lunch shop. Their breakfast burrito will feed 2 people

  • ncdeadncdead Posts: 536 Officer

    If you ever want a good breakfast in marathon check out the Wooden Spoon. Small place but they have the best biscuits I've ever had. Omlets are darn good too.

  • EdBEdB Posts: 51 Greenhorn

    A little north of Islamorada but Harriet's is our go - to breakfast spot. The Breakfast burrito is a home run!

  • St Lucie TomSt Lucie Tom Posts: 3 Greenhorn

    Mangrove Mikes hands down, history on the walls. Great Key Lime Pie

  • LDalton477LDalton477 Posts: 5 Greenhorn

    Try Bayside Gormet

  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,497 Captain

    @Mackeral Snatcher said:

    @Circle-Hook said:
    Rather than throw them under the bus let me suggest what we found- Robbie's - yeah the tourist trap- feeding tarpon place-
    They actually have a great breakfast - very diverse menu - generous portions - very good food-
    You got to wade thur the tourist crap - but it is on the water and dang good eats- mile marker 77

    Was gonna suggest it.
    Grits and grunt :)

    I use to like mullet & grits. Haven't had any in yrs. About like everything else.

  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,435 Admiral

    Manhrove Mike's. Robbie's. You guys have me jonesing for an islamorada trip. Not to mention I miss Loreleis.

    Captain Todd Approves

  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,108 AG

    Made 2 Order right across from the big boat barn at Tavernier Creek Marina. Has a nice outside deck with plenty of boats going down the canal. Big menu and our 'go-to' place for breakfast......

    made2orderonline.com/

  • phinfanfrommdphinfanfrommd MarylandPosts: 18 Greenhorn

    We recently stayed in Layton at Lime Tree Bay Resort. Great little spot, and we were surprised by the breakfast. I think the place is relatively new, called The Florida Boy restaurant. I would recommend.

  • kbkeyskbkeys Posts: 691 Officer

    Made to Order. Get there before 8am. The crabcake benedict, popeye omelet...amazing!

  • restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 1,993 Captain

    Bob's Bunz is good too.

  • sugarloafersugarloafer Posts: 195 Deckhand

    Lorelei breakfast burrito good as any with great potatoes.....and you have the VIEW!

    custom self built 400lb 4" draft 16' microskiff
    custom self built 34' cold molded diesel flybridge lobsterboat
  • capt.cohocapt.coho Posts: 17 Greenhorn

    @ncdead said:
    If you ever want a good breakfast in marathon check out the Wooden Spoon. Small place but they have the best biscuits I've ever had. Omlets are darn good too.

    Not even in the same league as the Stuffed Pig

Sign In or Register to comment.